yamaha 250hp 4 stroke new trouble

susy

Cadet
I just bought a brand new boat with a yamaha 250hp 4 stroke at the Miami Boat Show the problem I am having is the oil seems over flowing so i emptied 1/4 then i took it out and when i came back check the oil it was completely full again and it seens there is engine gasoline going into the motor oil, any ideas.<br /><br />ALso is it true you must speed the boat break it in, <br />thanks

bigbrownbuku

Master Chief Petty Officer
Re: yamaha 250hp 4 stroke new trouble

if you are making a quart or more of oil after 1 trip take it to a yamaha dealer before you use it again.

JRJ

Commander

Take it back to the dealer. Don't run it.<br />I'm not sure what your breakin question is, but I think its too late anyway.

martini

Recruit

I just posted a thread with the same issue for a new 140 Suzuki 4-stroke. When I took delivery, the sump was full of gas/oil. After draining it, and before replacing the oil, I pumped the bulb hard and raw gas ended up in the oil sump. Did you find out what the problem was? I am in Hawaii and the dealer is in WA, so I am a bit out on a limb.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

martini<br /> if you can pump the bulb and add fuel to the base check the pump diaphram and the vapor seperator needle valve.