yamaha 130 idle issues

mnydvr

Seaman
motor is hard to start,will not idle,kicks sputters and stalls at high rpm.carbs have been rebulit,found to have rust and corrosion in bowls and nozzles,replaced fuel pump ,diaphram found to be leaking,motor seems to run on top two cyl.at low rpm ,has spark to all 4,pull lower plug wires ,no change.owner states NOW that he had to use starting fluid last time to start,fuel stabilizer bottles ALL over boat(I suspect he had a water problem)I'm using aux.tank.still hard starting,better since fuel pump but not right,changing on motor fuel filter and checking reeds.Any ideas?I thought the problem would clear up after cleaning carbs due to lower cyl.'s not working.

Last edited:

yamamarinetech40

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: yamaha 130 idle issues

What is comression on all cyls? Who rebuilt carbs? Rebuilt seems to have a lot of different meanings to different people...if not soaked for hours, it ain't gonna run right after crap in them....if the comression is good in all, it's still the carbs, either dirty or adjustments...don't try to run at rpm like this, sudden death will occur.

mnydvr

Seaman

I rebuilt soaked and checked the carbs,then as a favor when that still acted up a service manager friend checked them again,all was in spec,gonna install and try tomorrow,gotta replace inline filter also,running on aux.tank,to many additives in fuel tank.Was only running on to carb before,this should work.

mnydvr

Seaman

okay....that fixed it.very important lesson learned!