Yamaha 115 injectors

Cadet
Engine starts,runs OK up to 3000rpm and sticks there. Changed plugs and cleaned gas filter. Found about 1/2 teaspoon of water in bottom of filter.Before I go to shop(big hassle getting there)would like to try gas additive injector cleaner.But, I am not well informed on side effects of this stuff. Additionally boat has a 60 gallon tank,would take some time to run enough through to see some results. Would it be productive to add a few teaspoons of injector cleaner to the filter bowl to get a quick shot to the injectors? Or is this like 2 aspirin is good take the whole bottle?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Yamaha 115 injectors

I assume that you have a F115, Brian.<br /><br />Ensure that the throttle body plate is opening fully.<br /><br />You will need a Repair Manual and diagnostic equipment to go any further with that EFI, computer controlled engine.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Greengilz

Cadet

I would be interesed in knowing the outcome of Brian's problem.

vinney

Chief Petty Officer

Have seen injector problem when You run water thru the injectors. I soak the fuel injectors in Yamaha Ring Free over night. I shock the fuel system with ring free. I remove all the rubber parts from the injectors. The ring free kills rubber.