Yamaha 100 problem

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Ok, another question about this motor. During usage, at idle when it is warmed up it seems to smoke a little to much, it may just be me, but can anyone diagnose this problem? Thanks!!

Capt Ken

Commander
Re: Yamaha 100 problem

Can't say that I've seen a Yamaha 100. Oil=smoke and means things are oiling. Lack of smoke I'd be worried about.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Hi, Stauter.<br /><br />You posted before about your F100. You need to put additional questions with the original or explain more detail so people who don't remember the first post have an idea what you are talking about.<br /><br />I replied to your post on another forum, telling you that there is something allowing oil into your intake system or cylinders.<br /><br />Your 4 stroke should not smoke at all, zero smoke.<br /><br />My guess is that the engine is too new to have worn rings or valve guides, so something is broken. There may be a sensor in the intake system that tells the computer about vacuum that has failed and is allowing the engine to suck oil from the lube system. Other possibilities are broken ring(s), failed valve guide, or some other interface between intake and lube systems.<br /><br />Another possibility is that fuel is leaking into the crankcase, overfilling it and causing it to foam into the breather system.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

stauter99

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Well this isnt black smoke, its whit smoke and there is a steady flow of it, not alot, but a little more than I would think it would do. It smells just like car exaust. Is this normal?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

No. A 4 stroke should make no smoke, even at idle.<br /><br />Good luck. :)

Bear

Lieutenant Commander

White smoke or just exhaust fumes?<br />If the temperatures outside is very low I can get white smoke out of my moth. More smoke from my four stroke outboard too.<br />I had to check the weather forecast in Mobile Alabama first (Today Thunderstorms High: 71 Low: 53). That is not that cold :) <br />So did you check the spark plugs? Do they look new or steam cleaned? In that case you have a water leak somewhere.<br /><br />Hard to tell from here but I think you are just fine.