Wtf

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class
So I have now received my second ordered prop and it does not fit, it is same pitch, however it hits the anode. I had a half inch gap with the old prop, What an I supposed to do now, there is only one prop smaller in diameter than the solas one I bought, I already returned one and had to wait a month for the $ to get refunded. I want to take my boat out, but my first prop is bent and getting repaired. can I run it without the thrust washer? Or do I have to buy an anode? HELP!!!!!!!!

Its an 87 alpha 1 no power steering (teleflex)

The prop I bought is a 14 4/5 x17

If I need a trim tab anode, which one do I need and how do I install it?(hopefully I dont need one)

Should I send back the solas and get a Hustler?
89a708bb.jpg

ebed70ce.jpg

16c327bb.jpg

Bondo

Staff member
Re: Wtf

Ayuh,... That propshaft looks awfully dry, 'n rusty.... Where's yer Grease,..??

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Ill be adding grase, is it ok to grind it? Will it cause any change in performance or handling?

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Grinding a small notch will not hurt anything at all.

If you experience any change in performance it is due to a different prop design. That prop just has slightly more rake then the old one.

oldjeep

Admiral

The hustler would hit too. You can either grind it or buy a performance trim tab or an offset trim tab.

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

Grinding a small notch will not hurt anything at all.

If you experience any change in performance it is due to a different prop design. That prop just has slightly more rake then the old one.

I thought the rake was the pitch?

oldjeep

Admiral

Performance trim tab is smaller (so it doesn't work as well). An offset just moves the whole fin back about 1/2".

Performance:
sie6014.jpg

Offset:
BSM_M46399.jpg