WTB Pontoon with slide

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class
I have seen them on boat trader new, but just can't get myself to spend S50,000+ on a boat I only get to use on weekends. If anybody runs accross one used in their area, maybe on Craigslist or what ever, could you please post a link to it?

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Re: WTB Pontoon with slide

are you talking one with an upper deck? they go used around here all the time.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

are you talking one with an upper deck? they go used around here all the time.

Yes, thats exactly what I am looking for! Please post a link to them when you notice them for sale.
100123692_1thumb_550x410.jpg

oldjeep

Admiral

LOL - I'm trying to imagine a slide on a pontoon that wouldn't be pretty tame. But if you are looking for taller then you could use a pool slide. Biggest danger is going to be the ladder with the drunks I'm imagining using something like that, but that factory one above looks scary too so I guess a retrofit wouldn't be any worse.

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member

my only problem with the double deck pontoons is when they tip over. I have witnessed about 3 of them laying on their sides when trailered around corners. actually was part of the group righting the last one.

Old Screwball

Petty Officer 1st Class

Funny this would come up. We bought our 'toon because we have a 3 year old granddaughter, and grandson due in a month. Anyway, I 'acquired a "Little Tykes" plastic slide from the neighbor. Seems his dog 'ate' the bottom step, so he bought a new one. I almost have it figured out how to mount the slide portion to the boats rail at the top, and the deck at the stern. will be less than a foot drop-of at the end of the slide. I think Charlotte will have a major kick in the pants with it. When I get it figured out and fabricated, I'll take some pictures. Major pain with the boat is in Arizona and I'm in California.

BobGinCO

Chief Petty Officer

And they will not blink twice at selling you a trailer that is not rated for the weight of the boat you are buying. I've got a feeling that my beef with them will soon be in the hands of the Minnesota Attorney General. The boat is first-rate. The trailer (which they build on-site) and everything else from them must be carefully scrutinized.

rogerwa

Commander

Cant vouch for them, but I have had my share of experience with substandard toon trailers. I was talking with them when I bought boat a few months ago, but I like to see what I am buying and all their boats are shrink wrapped. Their model is for phone in orders, not a full dealer experience.

BiXLL

Petty Officer 1st Class

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I bet the lawyers just drool when they see that boat, I am really suprised they even offer that, what can possibly go wrong with a slide that drops you right on top of the motor???

cin3000

Cadet

I'm going to get the Rave slide after I get more familiar with my pontoon. I'll post pics to show you all the fun it is!