WOW!! Sasha Cohen is in peak form!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
I follow women's figure skating. Have since I fell in love with Carol Heiss nearly 60 years ago.<br /><br />In the women's short program this afternoon Sasha Cohen (USA) gave one of the finest performances I have ever seen, maybe the very best. Great panache!<br /><br />The free skate is on ESPN tonight. Sasha is in first place so far, with the great (6 times World Champion) Michelle Kwan (USA) in 4th.<br /><br />Check it out. :)

11 footer

Lieutenant
Re: WOW!! Sasha Cohen is in peak form!

I never knew you watched figure skateing, JB.<br /><br />My sister actually figure skates, she skates five times a week. She just came back from the baystate games in North adams, MA. She came in 2ed out of nine other girls. She is now working on her double toe's, whatever that is.<br /><br />I didn't see it myself, but after reading this I asked her how Sasha did tonight, they said she didn't do very well like she did in the short program.<br /><br />Some girl from Japan ended up coming in first.

JB

Sasha finished with the Silver Medal and Michelle with the Bronze. Both skated very well, but Sacha didn't have the spark she showed this afternoon. :( <br /><br />The girl from Japan who won the Gold deserved it. She was sensational. :) <br /><br />Ryan, the "double toe" is a double toe loop, a spinning jump. You have to be very good to do them.

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br />yeah, but can she fish JB? :p
MY, anyone that can do a "Double Toe" can fish. You ought to know that, silly guy. :D :p

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by mellowyellow:<br />the "double toe" I'm thinking of SBN?
Don't know MY, but the double toe I am talking about is quite the feat to accomplish.<br />I have seen it done several times and some seem to do it better than others.

tylerin

Commander

Don't know MY, but the double toe I am talking about is quite the feat to accomplish
Thats how y'all check the water temp over yonder isn't it? :D

SpinnerBait_Nut

Originally posted by tylerin:<br />
Don't know MY, but the double toe I am talking about is quite the feat to accomplish
Thats how y'all check the water temp over yonder isn't it? :D
Now see there, getting plum off topic.<br />Sorry JB, but I do know what a double toe is, as hard as that is to believe.

tylerin

Commander

Now see there, getting plum off topic.<br />Sorry JB, but I do know what a double toe is, as hard as that is to believe.<br /><br />
Me too JB, not to be confused with the triple lutz