"Would you believe?"

Dunaruna

Admiral
Don Adams dies age 82(?).<br /><br />As a young teenager, Max was my hero.<br /><br />Sadly missed.<br /><br />Aldo

FLATHEAD

Captain
Re: "Would you believe?"

Always loved that shoe phone, not to mention 99 :D

rattana

Chief Petty Officer

It was hilarious watching his antics when I was growing up.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Wow 86 died at 82... :( <br /><br />He will be missed.

QC

Supreme Mariner

Bummer. 86'ed :(

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Don't forget he was the voice of Tennessee Tuxedo too. His voice was perfect for cartoons and not only was Tennessee funny it was educational with Finneus J. Whoopee explains how many things worked......no answer on the shoe phone RIP....

ZooMbr

Petty Officer 1st Class

Another good one gone! Where is 99? Always thought she was easy in the eyes.

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

Phrase of many "Sorry Chief" One of my favorite old shows.......86'd........

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

Max was my hero also.If you really paid attention to 99,she was a real turn-on.Dont remember Tennessee Tuxedo.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

getsmart65.jpg
<br /><br />Series Description:<br />The Get Smart TV show was a comedy series where agent 86 (Maxwell Smart) consistently goofed things up in his fight against the evil forces of KAOS. Luckily, his partner (later becoming his wife), Agent 99, always managed to save him from himself. <br /><br /><br />Get Smart Cast Members:<br />Don Adams ............ Maxwell Smart (Agent 86)<br />Barbara Feldon ....... Agent 99<br />Edward C. Platt ...... Chief<br />Robert Karavelas ..... Larabee<br />Bernie Kopell ........ Siegfried<br /><br /><br />Trivia:<br />Don Adams was a United States Marine during World War II. He got Malaria during the fighting in Guadalcanal. His TV career started when he won the competition on the TV show, "Ted Mack's Amateur Hour".<br /><br />The "Cone of Silence" was a device that was suppossed to guarantee privacy so that agents could tell each other secrets with no chance of being overheard. Of course, it never worked! It appeared in only nine episodes.<br /><br />Barbara Feldon appeared as a contestant on the "$64,000 Question" quiz show and actually won the entire $64,000! That was a huge sum of money in those days! Her question category was "Shakespeare".<br /><br />Bernie Kopell came to the show in the 2nd season as Maxwell Smart's evil rival "Siegfried". You might know Bernie better as "Doctor Bricker" on the show "Love Boat".<br /><br />Robert Karavelas played the role of "Larabee" on the show. In real life, he was Don Adams' cousin.<br /><br />Contrary to popular belief, Agent 99's real name is never revealed. In episode #79, "99 Loses CONTROL", she states that her name is Susan Hilton, but at the end of the episode, she tells Maxwell Smart, "Susan isn't my real name."<br /><br />"KAOS" and "CONTROL" are not acronyms. They don't mean anything. Think of it like this: There would be "chaos" in an evil world. A good world is where evil is "controlled."<br /><br />The Chief's first name on the TV show was "Thaddeus". His cover name was "Harold Clark". He had no agent number like "86" or "99" because he became an agent before they assigned numbers.<br /><br />NBC decided to cancell the show at the end of the fourth season. CBS picked up the show and got a ratings increase (for a short amount of time) by announcing that Agent 99 was going to have a baby (which ended out being twins).

BLU LUNCH

Lieutenant

Hey dont forget the CONTROL robot Hymie played by Dic* Gauthier and Buck Henry and Mel Brooks wrote for the show....It pretty bad when you can not even use the nick name for Richard with out get starred out.*&^&$@#

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

tennesseetuxedo.gif
<br /><br />I loved watching these shows as a kid. :)

Dunaruna

Admiral

His car was a Sunbeam Tiger, with a 260 Shelby V8! :cool: <br /><br />The radio station I listen to has been playing snippets from 'Get Smart' all day. My cheeks hurt from laughing so much.<br /><br />Max is at the doctors, the doc is giving him an 'ink blot' test.<br /><br />Doc - "Agent 86, what do you see in this picture?"<br /><br />Max - "A man and a woman making love".<br /><br />Doc - "o/k, what do you see in THIS picture?"<br /><br />Max - "Another man and another woman making love".<br /><br />Doc - "Let's try this third picture, what do you see?"<br /><br />Max - "A man and two women making love".<br /><br />Doc - "Agent 86, you have a very sick mind".<br /><br />Max - "I have a sick mind??? You're the one with all the dirty pictures!!"

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Yeah, I was 10 when that show debuted and had an instant crush on 99. :D <br /><br />Dave..

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Sad day indeed. :( And now that damn theme song is stuck in my head. :rolleyes: Oh and BTW 99 a perfect 10 when I was watching. :eek: :p :D :D