Worldcom...?

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Worldcom...?

Howdy, EFHenry.<br /><br />Ohhh! That's rough. :( <br /><br />You have my sympathy.

ehenry

Commander

Haven't been laid off yet. They say all that will start Friday. I haven't heard where it will all come from but from what I'm hearing most are going to be in the D.C area, New York, Kansas City. I work for a division called Skytel and they cleaned out our house last year. We're running to the bone now. Hope they don't come through here again. THanks

grandx

Petty Officer 1st Class

Sorry to hear that ef, hope your 401K is not heavy into Wcom as well. My advise to anyone holding stocks which appear to be doing OK which had Arthur Anderson as an audit firm... look at them carefully... I smell a rat, a big dead rat.

crab bait

Captain

it's a RAT ALRITE... but it ain't dead.. it's alive & well a gonna get fatter & fatter everyday.. when ya have a rat,, it's never just ONE RAT.. it's ALWAYS multi rats... watch 'em scurry ...

ehenry

Commander

i haven't been here but 2 years and I haven't signed up for the 401k. I've been contributing to several IRA's that I have. I'm glad I held off on signing up here.

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

now mabye its just me but.....how the h$ll do you misplace 4.someting billon dollars.<br /><br /> in my opion (of witch i have an unlimited supply) i think that the owners and ceo's or whoever they were for enron, worldcom. and our beloved martha, should be lined up and shot for treason. they did as much financal damage as the 9-11 cowards did physicly to the U.S.A. <br /><br />all of those pepole that they ruined their retierment and stocks. they stole their lives. admittedly i don't know all of the story of the effect that all this had on the pepole of the U.S., but they have hurt millions of pepole....millions. any crime against the pepole of this contry of that magnitude constitutes treason in my book.<br /><br />i hope that they did'nt get you bad efhenry. those pepole don't care who they hurt. whats worse is from what i have been told they put all this money in banks over seas, if they go to jail for ten years when they get out they not only have the money but all the intrest that it collected over that time to.<br /><br />yall tell me if i have been misinformed.<br /><br />derwood :mad:

crab bait

Captain

DON'T WORRY .. not one of those S-O-B 'S WILL SEE A DAY IN JAIL.. they got the best 'LAW' money can buy ... it would make O J jelious..!!

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

don't work for worldcom, but have been selling<br />computer hardware to them for years (mostly in<br />the springs). My inside sources say it's gonna<br />be chapter 11, re-org., and try to re-bound.<br />liked it better when it was MCI.... worldcom<br />has made a lot of stupid decisions in my opinion.<br />by the way, the problem stems from buying things<br />and claiming it as "capital" and not "expense"<br />on the books.<br />I have lot's of friends that received pink slips<br />last friday, hope you make the cut :eek:

WaterHog

Cadet

Hey I just saw where their EX--CFO is building an 18 million dollar home on 4 acres in Boca Ritan Florida, It sounds like they cant touch him legally. BIG FAT RATS sums it up for me, I wonder if their Postal Workers in the mail room have his address. I am really afraid that there is a host of other companies in line now at the shredder room door. Good Luck

495v

Chief Petty Officer

That's the in's and out's of Florida's law. We stay away from Florida companies. They can legally open a company one day, rack up a bunch of debt, pocket the profits and close doors. The next day they will open up under a different name. Florida's law protects personal assets, even one's obtained thru this kind of bogus funding. Imagine all the BIG FAT RATS that could lose their homes in Fl. if they did not apply this law. What would it do to tourism?

ehenry

Commander

I'm sure if the feds decide to freeze and seize their assets Dubya's brother isn't going to stop them.

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Say, there Derwood.<br /><br />Let me clarify who the "owners" of WorldCom are.<br /><br />They are silver bearded old farts like me, who put our hard earned bux into stock, including WorldCom.<br /><br />Our investments are supposed to get us a share of the profits to live on in our retirement, and maybe even increase in value over time. Not turn thousands of bux into enough to tip a bad waiter at Waffle House.<br /><br />I was fortunate enough to only lose a few grand on Enron and about half that on WorldCom.<br /><br />If you have some fantasy about "Fat Cat" owners ripping off the "public", forgeddaboudit. The owners ARE the public, and a dam site poorer than before. :(

derwood

Chief Petty Officer

hey JB, <br />thanks for the iggy. <br /><br />who is it then that is doing the Bonnie & Clyde on all of the owners?<br /><br />They are the ones to be lined up and shot.<br /><br />Sorry bout your losses JB. My mom took an inderect pounding by the whole thing. She lost all or most of what she had in stocks.<br /><br />derwood.