World travel

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I'm curious as to the amount of travel people do. I see a lot of posts about world events and politics, but how many of us are actually out there in the world, as opposed to being 'lounge chair' critics.

QC

Supreme Mariner
Re: World travel

And of course I appreciated the California comment . . . I've been in your neck of the woods before and was nice :D . You ever been here? <br /><br />I think my count is over 20 right now.

achris

QC,<br /><br />Yes, I was there in 1986 and again in 2001, and very much enjoyed it. Went to a place called Big Bear Lake (1986) and throught it was just wonderful. <br /><br />I've just listed mine and it's up to 26. The boss wants me to go to Indonesia at the end of the month, that'll be #27. :D <br /><br />Were you on the East coast of Oz or the good side?<br /><br />Chris............

QC

Supreme Mariner

Oh, Ive been on both sides three times. You were diving (I thought in Indonesia?) a few weeks back and I was saying Hi.<br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=009827 Get Reel and I have talked since. <br /> http://www.iboats.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=20;t=009865 <br />Have a common friend there I think. I was saying how Perth is the only place I have been to so far that I would consider moving to, including all of the rest of the US. I am definitely in love with this place, but Perth is a close second. I have spent a lot of time in Big Bear, and it is one of the reasons LA is soo perfect in my book. Skiing and a little boating there. We've got a 3500 meter high mountain right there, less than 75 miles from the Pacific. Pretty amazing.<br /><br />I've boated up the Swan a couple of times and will try and bum a trip to Rotto next time over. The river is what makes Perth special as compared to L.A. I have to pull my boat for 4 - 5 hours to play in a river like that. Good on ya mate. :D

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

I like to see different places,i just hate the travelling.<br />Can't say when, but i'm hoping one day to visit Australia.<br />When i lived in the UK, most of my travels were to other european countries, Yeah! i was a crazy football "soccer" fan, not the hooligan type :)

achris

Originally posted by Quietcat:<br /> You were diving (I thought in Indonesia?) a few weeks back and I was saying Hi.
I was actually working and it was in the Philippines. I'm currently visiting my GF in Kamchatka, Russia. It's summer here (if you can call 20 degrees C summer) and the contrast to when I was here in winter (skiing) is unbelievable!

Dunaruna

Admiral

toptouristdestinations.gif
<br /><br />Aldo

Dunaruna

Admiral

Just thought it was an interesting statistic that is related to the thread topic. That's all. No hidden agenda. How are you? I'm good. I'm leaving now. Bye.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

I was in Jakarta for one night, the hand carved furniture was really cool. But the smog was TERRIBLE!!!!<br /><br />Ken

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

I crossed into Mexico for the day. (No Mas Tequila para mi). Not my idea of traveling,but I have been in one foreign country. Hee hee.<br />Bassy

one more cast

Captain

I go to Canada every once in a while But I really don't need to travel because I'm in my own little world.