Women jailed for failing to report a fraternity hazing prank?

jtexas

Fleet Admiral
I'm talking about the young private who was just convicted of "deriliction of duty" for witnessing some of the Abu Graib exploits and not blowing the whistle. Remember that she was aquitted of the most serious charge (wiring the guy & telling him he would get electrocuted if he fell off the bucket).<br /><br />What she did, if I understand the news story correctly, is, not report that some of the prisoners were stripped and forced to wear womens underwear on their heads.<br /><br />For this she goes to jail? She was a pizza maker until she joined the Army & became a guard for terrorists, complete with "on-the-job" training (and I use that term lightly). She's supposed to determine that an order to carry out a silly fraternity prank is grounds for a prison term?<br /><br />If those "detainees" don't like acting silly, they should have started a war with North Vietnam or Japan, or some other country that treats its POW's with more respect! Or the Taliban, so they could have their heads handed to them, literally!

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner
Re: Women jailed for failing to report a fraternity hazing prank?

tsk tsk jtexas! Not very politically correct of you, not to mention very insensitive. We have to understand the emotional and cultural needs of those who would gleefully kill us.

SoulWinner

Commander

Liberalism is a mental disorder. <br /><br />Nuff said.

Link

Rear Admiral

Now Boomy... do u always have to b so PC ;)

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Don't get it, SW, who's the liberals in this scenario: the US government, the US military, the terrorists or Papa John's pizza?<br /><br />or me, for thinking she got screwed, and not in a pleasant way?

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Who do you think is going to take the fall? The ones Responsible??? What planet have you been living on for the last 4-1/2 years? This is the BUSH "The Buck STARTS Here" administration we're talking about. Has nothing to do with Justice! Just passing the blame down to those least able to put up a fight. That's their track record. Normal Operating Procedure! :mad:

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I heard a slightly different version. In the version I heard there was no order, she took some of the pix and appeared in others.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Finding it more difficult to believe we are so sensitive to those wishing and believing that Americans are the enemy of the world. Our ledger of accounts owed by the rest of our world are well documented, and should clearly speak for themself. We have had reporters beheaded, and tortured in their countries, HOW BLOODY SENSITIVE IS THAT?