Women and thier Logic.. True Story

Link

Rear Admiral
Many years ago (before reading "do you talk to your tools") ;) I was complaining to Mrs.Link that I spent more time looking for the tool than I actuallly did using it, once found.<br /><br />Got home from a week of fishing to find the garage/shop so clean and neat that it looked like I hadn't been there in years! :eek: <br />Well I was impressed and took her out to dinner and a couple drinks.<br /><br />Next day Monday. I've got 8-10 hours of work to do that has to be ready on Tuesday and I can't find nothing! So I call herself a bit irate and asked her where this was at or that was at???<br /><br />Well she didn't know what "this was" or "that was" but would I just listen to her as she was sure I could find what I was looking for.<br /><br />She had put everything alike together.<br />IE: All pointy things: screw drivers, Phil, flat head,hex, and punches in one place<br />All wrenches, sae, met, open end, box in another place<br />All of those round things with ridges or flat spots on the inside in another place (sockets)<br />All sanding paper, disk wheels for a drimel to sand paper and sanding belts to cut off saw wheels in another place.<br />All cutting things, jig saw, scroll saw, band saw, coping saw, hack saw, table saw and even hand saws in yet another place.<br /><br />By this time I'm walking around the shop finding all this stuff where she had put them thinking I just should have a beer and relax!<br /><br />But what I was looking for were my power tools.. <br />She said that was easy! <br />She said I put everything with tails in this spot.<br />And everything without tails in that spot!<br /><br />At this time (about 9AM) I used a potty mouth word and said WTF are tails or No tails!!!..<br /><br />DUH! I should have seen the logic! <br />Tail = power cords<br />No Tail = battery operated! <br /><br />Years later as I'm typing this I still get a chuckle out of this. :) She ofcourse now knows the proper terms for the tools but still calls them with or without tails.. just to bug me :D <br /> <br /> ;) ;)

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Women and thier Logic.. True Story

Better be careful there Link.... you could be spenin a lot of time with them tools.... with "NO TAIL"....knowwhatimean??? ;) (snick)

Fly Rod

Commander

:) Them thar women belong in the "Kitchen or the Bedroom!!!", not the "Tool Bin!!!" :p :p <br /><br />Went on a hunting trip once and the wife decided to clean my tool room and put everything in order!!! Well like you, was calling the wife for a month whenever I needed tools!!! She hasn't been in the tool room since and everthing is the way it use to be "MESSEY" and I know where everything is when needed!!! ;) :cool: <br /><br />Happy Holidays!!! :cool: :cool:

gaugeguy

Captain

My toolbox, tool cabinet and workbench are what I call "controlled mayhem". I know where everything is. A few times herself has threatened to clean it up for me, thems fightin words.

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

My better half is smart. She looks in that garage and other than starting her jeep and leaving, she won't touch anything in there. Usually the tools are either put away neatly and well organized, or they are all piled on the workbench because I am either in the middle of a project or just finished one. Her belief is that she does not want me to straighten up her bathroom with its infinate amount of girlie stuff, so she won't touch my man stuff. Thats fine with me....

spratt

Lieutenant

I made a rule, all things inside the house (i.e., things not in the garage) belong to HER...all things NOT int eh house (i.e., in the garage) belong to me...she doesn't move what is in the garage, adn I won't move what is in the house...that really worked well, until I had shut my mouth and then it was as if nothing had been said!!! She still controls the garage, and anything in teh house that doesn't fit any longer...gets stored IN the garage...until I cannot walk in there any more, then I get to clean it up so she can start putting stuff out there again...like over teh Winter shutdown from the 24th till after New Year...I get to clean out the garage so she will have room to store things again...TOOLS??? Oh, those things that belong in the back of my truck!!!!

spratt

Lieutenant

I agree with the chocolates, NY...however, she thinks I am gonna do that, and she will start moving everything in the house out to the garage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

HA HA HA at Spratt :p MY wife does the same thing.Drives me NUTS!!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

spratt your wife must have gone to the same school mine did - "there's room for that in the garage, isn't there?" I straighten it up & reorganize it maybe twice a year, when it gets to where neither car will fit inside, like it is now. I do get one small closet inside the house though. :) <br /><br />Hey link, did she throw stuff away? When things break sometimes I salvage materials, stuff like hardware, wiring, hose, pipe, whatever. Scrap lumber. She says why not throw it out, it's not worth a dollar. I say, it's not the cost, it's the value of having it here, when & where I need it!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

I had a 5galon bucket full of double edged ax heads(cheaper to buy the whole ax vs handle)that she talked me into throwing out.I'm still not over it and that was about 10 years ago.

Dunaruna

Admiral

I have small shed attached to the back of the garage that I like to call the "One Day" shed - everything that I MIGHT want one day goes in there. Nothing that looks useful gets throw out (I might need that funny shaped piece of alloy 'One Day').<br /><br />Problem is SHE puts everything in there, old T-shirts, little bits of wire, rusted bolts, blown globes - everything. Her logic is that she is helping me 'keep everything'. Its MY shed but its HER rubbish dump :( .<br /><br />Aldo<br /><br />Aldo

Link

Rear Admiral

ROFLOL man you guys are killin me :D <br /><br />To answer your question jtexas in a word NO<br />Im lucky in that part as Mrs.Link is as big a pack ratt as I am :) <br /><br />However Im going to have to send a link to this thread to my fishing partner hehehe<br /> A few years ago he complained that there wasn't a place in the house that you could tell that he even lived there.<br /><br />After the last kid moved out we went over and set up the smallest bedroom as his computer room and personal space. Moved the gun safe into it and even put up a couple of his pictures on the wall. <br />His wife agreed that it was a good idea.<br /><br />hahaha three months later she had filled the room up with so much stuff that he could not even open the gun safe and had/has to this day a small path to his computer chair.<br />Three years ago we built him a nice work bench in the garage and he got it all set up with his tools etc. Well she complaind that with the boat and his work bench there wasnt enough room in the garage. Boat has been setting outside for three years now :( <br />You guys know where this is going. <br />with in three months the garage was so full he couldnt get close to his work bench. <br />So he had a storage shed built out back for all of her garden equipment etc. And made three dump runs to clear out the garage.<br />Yup 3 months later the garage was full again so he hired us to finish off the attic above the garage and put in drop down stairs so he could put all the christmas and other stuff up there :( <br />Dont know where all the stuff comes from but its full again <br />At least he is not alone in this :D

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

Maybe I should start rebuilding the motorcycle in the living room. There's far more room there than in the garage.

dolluper

Captain

You know we will all spend a lfe time trying to figure out women and guess what we never will by the way she has a 4' by 4' section in my garage or hers hummmm

brother chris

Commander

Wow, I feel so lucky now. <br />I have a new girlfriend and she knows just as much about tools as I do. <br />She actually has a table saw and power washer. :eek: :D <br />I don't even have a table saw, yet. ( I guess I do now :D )<br />I'm so glad that I will never have to go through what you guys went through. I feel for you guys though. <br />And she looks SO sexy using them. :D

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

pics, bro chris? please?<br /><br /> :D :D :D :D :D

KaGee

Admiral

Personals ad I ran across...<br />
Wanted, SWF, good looking, fun loving, and enjoys power tools, for a agood looking hunk SWM that enjoys the same. Must own table saw. <br />Respond to: Jtexas, Arlington TX @ iboats.com/forums/dockside chat. Please forward picture of table saw.
:D :D :D

Link

Rear Admiral

ROFLOL @ KaGee... still waiting for pic??