Wish ya'll had some of this.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer
cornbreadweb.jpg
<br /><br />For the culturally indifferent that's cornbread. Or, what my yankee wife use to mistakenly call Johnny Cake. I got a mess of Lima beans cooked with salt pork and the baseball game's about to start and well, life don't get much better than this. Makes me feel kinda sorry for ya'll. :D <br /><br />Dave..

Braxton

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wish ya'll had some of this.

mmmmmmmmm we need that in the firehouse tonight!!!!!! cornbread limabeans icetea, thats it my rookie better get busy... :D looking good!!!!!!

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Not much better eats than a bowl of beans and a chunk of cornbread...<br /><br />bon-appetit! :D

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

To each their own.<br />Personally, I can't stand cornbread. Like the beans though. :) <br />My family doesn't like the fact that I like the beans though.. :D :D <br /><br />AK Chappy

JasonJ

Rear Admiral

Can't say I have tried it, but I would definately eat it if it was in from of me. I'll try anything, its a flaw...

Holdimhook

Chief Petty Officer

Got to have the fried taters to go with the beans and cornbread. Also some hot chow- chow or pepper sauce. MMMMMMMMMMBOYYY! :D :D :D

BoatBuoy

Rear Admiral

Prefer pintos, but the cornbread looks good.

PW2

Commander

My ex-wife used to make something similar.<br /><br />They made great hockey pucks

KaGee

Admiral

Bisquits and gravy is better! :p

Wimperdink

Lieutenant Junior Grade

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Bisquits and gravy is better! :p
I agree... in fact had it for supper tonight. :D nothing against cornbread and beans but.. bisquits and gravy cant be beat IMO.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Blasphemy! Biscuits and gravy? Well, now I must agree that's pretty good. Especially if you fry up some sausage patties and make the gravy from the drippings. Then you got my attention. My daughter would agree with you. I always tell her the cornbread is adult food. :D Later, when it cools off, I'll throw some chitlins in the corn bread and fix a mess of turnip greens. Then, I'll get a hold of some of Holdimhooks fried taters and pepper sauce. Good Gracious Alive! :D <br /><br />Dave..

ZodFutMk2

Petty Officer 2nd Class

All this digital technolgy and we ain't got "smellovision" yet! Ah, the scent of fresh cornbread in a cast iron skillet. Now a couple of fried catfish and I'm in heaven.<br /><br />Thanks for the memories of home!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

I must say that there is no room in this world for me and Lima Beans.<br /><br />Now mix that cornbread with a bowl of smokin hot chili, the kind you can eat with a butter knife, and we will talk. <br /><br />For a real treat make the chili with grilled steak cut into cubes!<br /><br />On the ranch this time of year we are in the middle of roundup. This is one of the favorties around the campfire at night. Nothing better'n cornbreak and chili cooked over an open wood fire sittin on a stinky sweaty saddle in the middle of 1,000 head of pooping stinky cattle! I miss the good ole days!<br /><br />I don't think there is any way to make bisquits and gravey without fryin the sausage to make greese.

Cranky18

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Not much better eats than a bowl of beans and a chunk of cornbread...
Amen to that! I don't know how many times when the wife and I were just starting out that we made a meal of beans and cornbread. Black eyed peas with a bit of jalapeno are good too. BTW, who likes sugar in their cornbread? Personally, I can't stand it!

stan_deezy

Lieutenant Commander

Yer all heathens, every last manjack of ye :mad: <br /><br />There is only one food in the world and everyone should eat it at least once a day :eek: <br /><br />Hundreds of years old, often copied but never bettered and never in danger of being replaced.<br /><br />What am I talking about?<br /><br />Haggis :cool: :cool: <br /><br />Served with neaps and tatties and washed down with a single malt :D

Ron G

Commander

LOVE cornbread got be done up in grandmas old cast skillet,goes good with everthing espicially pintos and greens,boy it aint going be long before planting some greens. :)