Wish me luck

bubbakat

Captain
Well in the morn. i will be out at a great big pond or stock tank as you texans say.<br />We have an origination here consists of lawyers and judges and child services and then there is me.<br />We take kids that have been battered in some sort of way, weather it be mental or physical and we camp with them and fish or go to the fair or what ever.<br />We also take these kids and clean the public flower beds and elderly people's yard. They mow .wash windows.whatever needs to be done and for this we reward them.<br />Sat. will consist of fishing and cooking and games.<br />I have been running since feb. getting donations from people to get stuff for these little people to use fishing.<br />You would be surprised how and old lure you have discarded means to these kids. To them it looks brand new.<br />I will have about 100 kids in the AM so I will need all your luck.<br /><br />I bet not many of you would figure me as an old softy would you.<br />Yes tomorrow night I will be tired but I will lay down wit a thought of all those kids being happy one more day in their lives.<br /><br />Boy didn't I get windy.<br />I'll post some links to some pics tomorrow or sun to this fun I have,

Parrott_head

Chief Petty Officer
Re: Wish me luck

Good Luck to you and the kids!!!<br />May the good Lord bless you with kind weather and screaming reels....

Kenneth Brown

Captain

Glad to see you giving your time, its all most of them need, just someone there because they care.

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

Bubba, my friend, good job and good luck... Most of all, have fun... You old softy :)

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

I already knew he was an ol softy.<br />I have seen him in person.<br />Good luck Bubba and have fun.

GodsBeast

Chief Petty Officer

Amen, Good luck with having a Safe, Fun Filled,<br />Productive trip, and Godspeed.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Way to go Bubba, That is the kind of work that needs no more reward than the smile on the kids face's. Every year the gun club here has a feild day, same sort of thing you guys do. We teach troubled kids how to fish, shoot and how to respect nature and each other. Sad thing is there seems to be more kids every year. Not that we mind having more kids , but it is a sign of the times.<br /><br />Good luck Bubba, all those kids should keep you baiting hooks at world record pace.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Awsome...May your day be filled with memories, you and them. Gluck

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

you r a good man Bubba :D <br />u shoulda asked around here, I got a bunch of old <br />gear I'd give you for them kids. say the word brother...

SpinnerBait_Nut

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

A real good crowd there bubba and a lot of smiles I see.<br />That's what it's all about for sure.

bubbakat

Captain

Thanks for all the comments . We had a great day.<br />It rained on us twice but that didn't deter some of the little guys and gals at all.<br />Their behavior was splendid. We had one food fight and one cold water fight and it was all in fun so no correcting needed.<br />My little buddy in the wheel chair caught the most and got to pick him out a brand new reel and rod complements of the out door shop.<br /> The little girl in the second picture has just came out of her shell and today she laughed and had a good time.<br />Terrible background this child came from. When I left most of them had to give me a big hug and that was a lot of squeezing.<br />Next is the ice cream party. (oh boy).<br /> Guys and gals I am one happy camper right about now.

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

Bubba, you are an angel, indeed! Takes a lot of guts to watch over a whole bunch of kids... awesome responsibility!! Thanks for sharing the pics! Those kids sure look like they had a good time! Good Job!

LadyFish

Admiral

Your a good man Bubba! :) <br /><br />The pics really tell the story, lots of smiling young faces. Truly a great cause and a wonderful effort by you and the rest of the volunteers. My hats off to you all.
clap.gif