wisconsin - Illinois upholstry shops, seats

POINTER94

Vice Admiral
Lots of good people here from the midwest. I am looking for someone who does reupholstry on boat seats. Although they look standard they are a ******* size and are unbelieveably comfortable. I love them but too much sun and they are in need of rehabilitation.<br /><br />As these matters are not cheap, the guy I went to last year for the jump seats did an ok job at best and hit me in the pocketbook hard. Any recommondations on someone in WI, IN, MI, IL who can feel comfortable recommending.

eeboater

Commander
Re: wisconsin - Illinois upholstry shops, seats

Pointer,<br /><br />Do you have the fabric already? Or are you looking for them to be redone completely?<br /><br />I have a guy in Green Bay (someplace I used to work) that does a SUPERB job. You might want to give him a call - Paul @ Shoe Repair Plus. 920-499-5458. Tell him Sean the "Shoe Shine Boy" sent ya.<br /><br />Sean

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Thanks Sean,<br /><br />I can readily get the fabric and the chairs themselves are perfect, the fabric has just seen too much sun and the stiching is pulling apart. My parents live in Two Rivers so it is only a thirty minute run up to GB. I have a connection to the people who do the work for Palmer Johnson up in Sturgeon Bay but I bet the price will be insain. <br /><br />I'll give Paul a call after I get the fabric delivered. I can redo much of the interior at the same time by myself and then the dye lots will match up. Seats are just a little over the top for me.

eeboater

Commander

Woo -- I would love to have a pair of Palmer Johnson seats... I am willing to bet that one Palmer Johnson seat costs more than my whole living room set did!!!<br /><br />Good luck,<br />Sean