wires to "hotwire" trim pump to lower alpha outdrive

trucknutz36582

Seaman Apprentice
I'm excited! just about at the finish line here, replacing all moving parts on this boat with new...
If only it would stop raining!!!

I love this site, and you guys are awesome! I appreciate all the sage advice! this site has helped me stay sane (ok, sort of) :bounce::crazy:

I already tried removing the hydraulic connections at the trim pump, but the drive did not lower.
I screwed up - disconnected the driveshaft to the bellhousing connection and had seatow pull my motor , but forgot to lower the drive before removing batteries and old wiring . what wires do I have to connect to drop it down?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bw1qxBl0NipgeTRpY0RxaVBxaG9pdHVxbWFWandtbG80Z3lr/view?usp=sharing

As you can see, I pretty much need to jumper straight from a battery to the pump since
nothing is connected up right now. but i'm not sure which wires on the pump relays to jumper, and don't want to ruin anything.

Thanks
Rob

2003 Stingray MS 200
2017 Mercruiser ECT 4.3 (this week, I hope!)
2016 SEI upper and lower outdrive

original serial numbers:

engine: M380325 (FWC Alpha 4.3 MPI with seawater pump
gimbal: M469721
outdrive: M557115

alldodge

Staff member
Connect 12V to Red wire and Negative to the Black. Then jump 12V to the lower solenoid Green/White small terminal

Trim wiring Merc 2012.jpg

achris

More fish than mountain goat
I hope you pull the drive before you refit the engine.

trucknutz36582

Seaman Apprentice
@ AllDodge Thank you - I will try that this evening
bman440440 - You are correct,

nonetheless - I am pulling it so I can take the gimbal apart - the steering arm is rusted and flaking - I don't trust it.
and I really don't want to use the drill and fill method of getting to the steering pin .

I have the stainless replacement in hand along with a new transom assembly gasket and a couple spare studs because I get the feeling i will be needing them.