Wireless Motor guide 75lb thrust

Brokenback

Cadet
Bought this motor it was taking off a Ranger. Told it worked fine. I hooked it up two two batteries in series just as I always have with my other 24v motors. It ran and turned as it should. I left it in my shop for over a year. Put it on hooked up would steer but prop didn't turn. Pulled it apart motor housing was rusted up. Took apart cleaned it all up. Resealed completely put back together. Working fine.. except even with prop turning counter clockwise as I believe is as it should. The problem is it pushed the boat with the prop at the rear skeg towards bow. Spin it to what should run it forwards it runs backwards even though prop rotation is counter clockwise.. took it apart after checking wiring connections were correct even just hooked it to one battery just to see if it ran in opposite direction no.. positive on red negative on black prop turning counter clockwise still. Pulled apart turned brush plate 180degres no change pulled cover off of control module Black wire is on terminal that says black white is in middle red is on end terminal seems correct. Still not fixed. With brush plate out tested with DVOM the red and white wires that connects to brushes red probe on red wire black probe on white used remote turned on motor still just connected to 1 battery I set in bow and wired directly to power wires feeding motor. The multimeter read 13.47v as battery just came off charger. The polarity showed. Correct direction as red probe to red wire black to black no negative sighn on meter swapped probes negative emblem turns on showing reverse polarity. 30 yrs doing this stuff I'm stumped.. wondering if theirs a possibility the prop is off something that rotates clockwise for forward or counter for reverse... Stumped.

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
positive on red negative on black prop turning counter clockwise still. Pulled apart turned brush plate 180degres no change pulled cover off of control module Black wire is on terminal that says black white is in middle red is on end terminal seems correct. Still not fixed. With brush plate out tested with DVOM the red and white wires that connects to brushes red probe on red wire black probe on white used remote turned on motor still just connected to 1 battery I set in bow and wired directly to power wires feeding motor. The multimeter read 13.47v as battery just came off charger. The polarity showed. Correct direction as red probe to red wire black to black no negative sighn on meter swapped probes negative emblem turns on showing reverse polarity. 30 yrs doing this stuff I'm stumped.. wondering if theirs a possibility the prop is off something that rotates clockwise for forward or counter for reverse... Stumped.
To switch direction of a DC motor you simply reverse the positive and negative leads at the battery.

Don't know about CW or CCW, but proper rotation is to pull water through the prop, not push

Model number to round up a schematic?

Brokenback

Cadet
I pulled top cover back off and switched the two 12v wires red and white coming out of the control module Prop now turns clockwise. So it will work now. However motor guide says the prop should turn counter clockwise but it's working so I'll be happy 😁
Thanks for your interest.