Winterizing suzuki df25a?

mwang

Cadet
Hi folks
First time boat owner here. this year I picked up my first boat, a smokercraft big fisherman 16. I've had a great season with the boat, absolutely loved it.
I just winterized my engine yesterday and wanted to ask If I missed any steps let me know. Thanks
(1). change engine oil.
(2). change lower unit oil
(3). took off sparkplugs and sprayed fogging oil into the cylinder
(4). Took off the prop, check for fishing lines.
(5). been using fuel stabalizer towards the end of the season as somesay it should be stored wet.
Did I miss any step and is there anything that needs to be done to the boat as well?
Newbie with lots of questions, thanks in advance and happy boating.

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
Grease the steering and tilt. Usually there are some zerk fittings.

I use some corrosion guard on the block to keep any rust at bay.

mwang

Cadet
Thanks Chris
Mine is fresh water only. would any marine grease do? and I should use marine grease for trailer bearing as well?
I grease my camper bearing with regular grease, don't know much about marine grease.

Bondo

Staff member
Thanks Chris
Mine is fresh water only. would any marine grease do? and I should use marine grease for trailer bearing as well?
I grease my camper bearing with regular grease, don't know much about marine grease.
Ayuh,..... Welcome Aboard,..... See my signature,.....

Chris1956

Supreme Mariner
I use boat trailer wheel bearing grease for everything, since I boat in salt water. It is overkill for anything not wheel bearings, but it is maybe a $1 more for a cartridge, and I only need one grease gun.