Winter stinks!

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
I am extremely bored on my days off lately. Just wanted to say I HATE winter! It hasn't been much above 0 for 2 weeks. No good for hunting, trapping, working in the shop, anything. Even too cold to ice fish!<br />Only 4 months til boating begins again!

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Winter stinks!

63 days, 8 hours, 38 minutes and 46 seconds left until Spring!<br />If your counting.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

yep dd, I agree. When i and my kids go out for a nature walk on the rabbit trail out back we be soon heading inside. Seems that their temp threshold is about 30 degrees. Whats cool is my 4 1/2 year old boy wants to go ice fishing with me. What that means is that momma and our 6 1/2 year daughter will come along. What that really means is that approximately 0.2 hours after we are on Lake Five we will be moving off Lake Five.<br /><br />To the title of your topic, the kids will be bored stiff, if not frozen, by the time we get off the rabbit trail or Lake Five.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Although I'd love to see snow every once in a while, I like the weather here in Tallahassee, Fla. I should be taking my family crappie fishing tomorrow after church or on Monday.<br /><br />If I catch a few, I'll post pictures.<br /><br />Hang in there!

D

DJ

What are you talking about?<br /><br />Sunny and 68 today, here in the desert. :p

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I have to agree that this winter really stinks. 2' of snow one week, 1 1/2" of ice the following week, 2" of rain the next, and now it is hitting the single digets tonight. All the watershed lakes are close to flood stage, and some are past flood stage. Roads underwater throughtout Ohio. They don't expect the water levels to go down till the end of the month when the Ohio river goes down past flood stage. Now with the temps dropping and the high water freezing, there goes more trees damaged due to the ice.<br /><br />My county was delcared a disaster area. Can't say I'm bored since I haven't had really any free time. Been spending about all my free time helping people clear their property of down trees and limbs.<br /><br />The positive note about this is that this summer I won't be spending my time getting wood for next winter. I just about have enough to get me through next year from this past storm. That means more time fishing!<br /><br />Yep, this winter stinks! And it is a nationwide problem with the weather....Oh well the days are gettting longer.... :D :D

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

You guys with the warm weather, you really stink :D <br />Good thing here we had 2 inches of rain that froze and is still solid under the snow, then a foot of snow. This is the first precip to speek of in 2 years so maybe the lake will come back up a little.

JamesCoste

Chief Petty Officer

Sorry DD, :D <br /><br />It is cool tonight. I had to wear a long sleeve flannel shirt when I went outside.<br /><br />Just remember us bragging about our comfortable weather this winter when the temperature is in the high 90s and the humidity is approaching 100%.<br /> :p I'd trade a few days with you this August when we are being scorched.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

oww man, in the single digits here......mano man would love a low 90 (but low humidity though)

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Ok, fair enough.<br />August here usually strikes around 100 nto 105 but with fairly low humidity. usually humidity runs around 20 to 30% high. <br />I went outside last night, it was warmer than usual. I only had to wear one coat.

Trent

Captain

Did I forget to say that I went boating today? :) I love the south!

SS MAYFLOAT

Admiral

I'm happy for you Trent! :D Someday, I'll be living down south. Just hopefully it won't be six feet down and under the frost line... :p

fixin

Senior Chief Petty Officer

62 days, 5 hours, 29 minutes and 23 seconds left until Spring!<br /><br /> :D :D

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by DJ:<br /> What are you talking about?<br /><br />Sunny and 68 today, here in the desert. :p
Ancient American Proverb: BITE ME! <br /><br />Indiana shares the same miserable weather with all its neighbors.

gaugeguy

Captain

I have to agree partly with the sentiments here, THIS winter stinks. Looks like a cold snap is gonna hit this week so maybe some ice fishing this weekend. Snowmobile still hasn't left the garage.