Winning lottery ticket bought w/ stolen credit card.

MYTJC

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Winning lottery ticket bought w/ stolen credit card.

"Kharma" will get ya every time...........

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

:D I'm curious to see how this works out....The lottery should still have to pay up, I think.......She's gonna need some $ to get her out of her other troubles.....One way or another the money will get back to the state... ;) ....JK

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Any reason on why the victim of the stolen credit card should'nt recieve the winnings?

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

She's dead.... :(

aspeck

Staff member

Originally posted by Vlad D Impeller:<br /> Any reason on why the victim of the stolen credit card should'nt recieve the winnings?
Ah, yea, she has been dead for a year! Dead mother-in-law can't spend it. Sounds like the lady has all kinds of troubles now - meth charges, theft charges, no lottery winnings to pay the legal bills ...

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Buying with a stolen card is an effort to defraud the gov't.<br />Sale is invalid, so winnings are non collectable.<br /><br />Here in WI, lottery is a cash only purchase.

Dave Abrahamson

Lieutenant

Yeah...give a thieving meth addict a million bucks...what could possibly go wrong? :eek: :rolleyes:

Barbee Q

Chief Petty Officer

How stupid can a druggy be,, We'll I guess this proves it.. Do drugs be stupid.. She should rot in prison and of course the winning lottery tickey should be enlarged and a big picture should be hung in her jail to torment her as a reminder..

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Originally posted by Dave Abrahamson:<br /> Yeah...give a thieving meth addict a million bucks...what could possibly go wrong? :eek: :rolleyes:
Yeah? :D :D :D

ZmOz

Captain

That's kind of strange...Medford is just a few miles from where the big powerball ticket was just won.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

The thing that crossed my mind is if the MIL has been dead a year apperantly she has been keeping the bill up....If this is the case, was it truly stolen or given to here becuase her credit would not support one of here own. Course she's still guilty of using it under false pretense.<br /><br />Be really funny if she had the other ticket also

andymach23

Petty Officer 2nd Class

In the UK a serial rapist won the lottery while still serving his sentence. He bought a ticket while out for his mothers funeral( or something!)and won the jackpot of equivalent to 10 million dollars. He won it about a year ago and is now out after serving about 15 years. There was alot of noise in the papers about him compensating his victims, not get the prize as he is a crim etc.<br /><br />He is now out at a multi millionare. Not much justice there!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

Wisconsin does not allow lottery purchase via credit. Must be cash. Wonder if this is BS considering the reliability of media reporting factual information.

brother chris

Commander

Originally posted by BD - tub toy:<br /> How stupid can a druggy be,, We'll I guess this proves it.. Do drugs be stupid.. She should rot in prison and of course the winning lottery tickey should be enlarged and a big picture should be hung in her jail to torment her as a reminder..
LOL...I agree!

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

Originally posted by aspeck:<br />
Originally posted by Vlad D Impeller:<br /> Any reason on why the victim of the stolen credit card should'nt recieve the winnings?
Ah, yea, she has been dead for a year! Dead mother-in-law can't spend it.
Being dead shouldn't stop you from receiving winnings, not if you can still incur debts -- but neumanns makes a good point, if she's had it a year, how we know she didn't have permission to use it?<br /><br />But if the issuing bank covers fraudulent cc charges then doesn't it belong to them? And if they have insurance that pays, does it belong to the insurance company? What happens to the stuff people buy with stolen credit cards anyway?

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by jtexas:<br /> What happens to the stuff people buy with stolen credit cards anyway?
Ebay. :D

Homerr

Commander

LOL Oz... your right on that one!<br /><br />WOW... Medford is in my backyard!... Guess I should pay a little more attention to local news!<br /><br />I'd think she couldn't collect and the money goes back into the lottery.... But then again.. she will probably be found as a victim of the person she stole the card from. After all, the owner of the card shouldn't have left the card out for her to steal!<br /><br /><br />H.

jph20

Seaman

and the story's go on on the new's tanight that their 17 yr. old son bought it an state won't allowem ta collect!!!!!!!!!! what's next!!!!

ZmOz

Captain

Originally posted by bass'n:<br /> and the story's go on on the new's tanight that their 17 yr. old son bought it an state won't allowem ta collect!!!!!!!!!! what's next!!!!
There is some discussion about who actually bought the ticket, but Oregon lottery officiallys have said all that matters is who brings in the ticket. They said they WILL pay out regardless of who bought it.