Windsor Tower in Madrid

mrbscott19

Chief Petty Officer
Burned for 2 whole days.....steel reinforced building......had some of the top floors collapse onto lower ones.....<br /><br />Windsor Building Unstable<br /><br /><br />
_40827205_3shellafp203c.jpg

NYMINUTE

Captain
Re: Windsor Tower in Madrid

Did anyone get marshmellows??? Love those smores.

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

Add a few thousand gallons of jet fuel and she would have come down for sure!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

first I have heard of this. Any idea of injuries or deaths?<br /><br />Very bad for Spain!

marcmccain

Petty Officer 1st Class

No one hurt. My office is only a few block from there (Quatro Cominos) and I see it every day.<br /><br />It's an office building and it burned on a weekend when it was unoccupied. It sits above a major subway station and its danger of collapse has had that metro stop closed for a couple of weeks now.<br /><br />Madrid is in the running to host the next olympics so they intend to pull down the building that is marring the skyline.<br /><br />Interesting that the building is owned by one family that rented all of the office suites. Mega wealth. Looks like arson and who knows if the investigation will clearly prove it.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

great that no lives lost Warhorse. I've heard the term "Jewish Lightning" used in place of "arson" here in the US. LOL