Will this motor work with my seahawk II?

armysgt1

Cadet
http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwi/boa/2311700970.html

I'm just wondering if it will be too long and be too deep down into the water. I'm worried about this because the river where I live has some shallow spots in it and obviously I don't want to ruin the motor. Its says 31 inches from transom seat to tip of motor. Where is the transom seat? Also is there maybe like an extension I can mount to the motor mount where I would be able to move the motor up and down if need be? I really want an outboard instead of an electric because of the price, power, and weight. If anybody can provide info I would appreciate it. Thanks

Sea Rider

Supreme Mariner
Re: Will this motor work with my seahawk II?

All those inflatables are for short shafts which is the minimum commercially available, all have trust rods that adjust tail angle height not in a vertical (90?) way though, used only for shallow waters cruising at slow speed. Go for max 3.0/3.5 HP, 2 strokes if available on that inflatable.

Happy Boating

beermatt

Recruit
Re: Will this motor work with my seahawk II?

Interesting that you said 2 strokes if available - I was looking for a 2 to 2.5hp four stroke for mine but not sure how the dinghy will handle the extra weight. Anyone any experience or suggestions? I think they're around 16-18kg but not sure.