WIll they ever tell the truth?

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
I am waiting for them to say this.<br /><br />Bush, "I dodged the draft and did anything I could to avoid going to Vietnam"<br /><br />Kerry, "Every band-aid I put on in Vietnam was followed by a purple heart request. I wanted to leave as soon as possible."<br /><br />If they would just do that, tell the obvious truth, we could all get over this and get on with the election.<br /><br />Ken

gaugeguy

Captain
Re: WIll they ever tell the truth?

I look at it this way...Kerry went to Vietnam no matter what he did there he did that. Bush logged over 300 hours flight time in the gaurd. Both were honorably discharged.<br /><br />Only one of them is a full fledged war hero...John Kerry is in the Hall of Hero's in the war museum in Ho Chi Minh City. :mad:

NOSLEEP

Commander

This repeat attack on Bush is going to backfire<br />on the Democrats.<br />Watching this performance repeatedly on the news<br />from this side of the fence. Shows how desperate<br />this political party is.<br />They are making the pit they are in, even larger.<br />Looks good on them.

thedude7803

Petty Officer 3rd Class

The democrats hipocracy knows no bounds. Clinton admitted dodging the draft and served two terms. Now they are attacking Bush because he was only in the National Guard and didn't go to Vietnam. Go figure.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

Back when Clinton was running for the office, the Gennifer Flowers thing came up. They tackled it straight on and moved on to the White House. Kerry's stand on the war in Viet Nam is well documented as is his service. Bush's avoidance of the war is well documented, but what about his stand on it? I haven't heard a word.<br /><br />Kerry was there and he saw it. He did his duty for his country and saw things that would scare the crap out of anybody. He even admitted that he took part in atrocities on orders. That should turn anybody against war. Junior was too busy helping daddy get elected to bother with such things. I think the vast majority of Americans realize that the war in Viet Nam was a disaster. Why are we faulting Kerry for feeling the same way? Just because he realized it early on?<br /><br />I would also like to add that the circumstances around Bush's honorable discharge are meeting with some pretty sound scrutiny right now. It would seem the same influences that landed him in the Guard are also involved with that "honorable" discharge. It may be suspect that the documentation is coming out at this particular time, but it seems very few people are questioning the validity of that documentation. Just because it's 40 years old doesn't make it less valid...or pertinent.

oddjob

Commander

Willy said
Kerry was there and he saw it. He did his duty for his country and saw things that would scare the crap out of anybody. He even admitted that he took part in atrocities on orders.
You dont commit atrocities on orders! You dont know what your flappin your hole about willy. Hey I f'in dodged the draft too....I inlisted...bet I didnt see your kind while I was in. Good thing for both of us. :cool: