will not throttle up under load

qnnjaq3

Cadet
new plugs,wires,distributor,coil,prop. 1978 glastron cvx-18 mericruser 350. boat cranks up fine and throttles up fine till u put it in gear and rpms will not go up all the way. looked at carb and linkage looks fine but engine acts like it not getting enough air or gas but everything looks normal.

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner
Re: will not throttle up under load

Welcome to iboats :) Time to do a vacuum test. What is your H.P. rating? J

qnnjaq3

Cadet

I don't think that there are any vacum lines on the motor.I just went outside a minute ago and tried the boat in gear out of the water and it throttled up find to full rpms.Hopfully mon or tuesday i'll get to put it in the water and see what happens again with some water force on the prop.

qnnjaq3

Cadet

I don't think that there are any vacum lines on the motor.I just went outside a minute ago and tried the boat in gear out of the water and it throttled up find to full rpms.Hopfully mon or tuesday i'll get to put it in the water and see what happens again with some water force on the prop.

bryantjb3

Seaman Apprentice

Hope you had muffs on. Still it is a Bad idea to run engine out of water at anything over idle!!

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

Vacuum under load is totally different than on the muffs...I goota go will try to help later..J

mercrewser

Petty Officer 1st Class

Check for fuel restriction? Filter, clogged carb jets, fuel tank vent etc...

180shabah

Rear Admiral

also look at ignition timing, both base and advance.