Will it ever end!!!

PT

Seaman
1987 omc cobra Chev 4 cyc 3.0<br />Let me 1st say TY to everyone for all your help..Quick story,In March of this year I got my boat out to see how it done over the winter,always pull drain plug on exaust manifold & drain water out & i do this about 2 or 3 months( time for evaporation to get the rest) before cold weather sets in & it not usually that cold here in the south, Found 2 soft spots in the floor & decided to see if i could fix it, thats when i found "IBOATS", after reading & asking questions I replaced my floor, looks gr8 & Solid. Next from reading i realized my gimbal bearing, bellows & shift cable needed to be replaced Got that done, finished it Friday, So Im ready to take it to the beach today, decided to check my Oil again after seeing so many posts here about Oil in WATER, Guess What!! OIL in Water. Oh & i did check the oil in spring & no Water in oil.After searching & reading so many post on this subject I really dont think my block is cracked. I have noticed water setting on top of my motor & the Minifold its 4 years old with me & I dont know how long the guy before me had it, May be 16 years,Im just hoping its something simple & inexpensive. ? Sorry for the long post.

Mod2

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Will it ever end!!!

PT...Please post your HP, year, make, and any pertinent info. It is hard to help without this info.

PT

Seaman

hehe would think i had learned that by now, sry my bad

PT

Seaman

I know my post didnt clearly ask for anything specific, I guess i was looking for some encouraging words.Im gonna look at the Flame arrestor, minifold (pressure Test) & head gasket. Also there is a tube that runs from the carb to the top of the head that is rusted to the point that it has a hole in it where it goes into the head, Im guessing it some sort of vent, & with all the rain we had for the last 3 weeks maybe its getting in through that, before i found the water in the oil I was noticing when it rained water on top of my heads, which i would spray it down with WD40 to prevent rusting, this too could be a cause, I am going to remove oil today i hope & flush it out with more until i cant see it , run it & pray that it was something simple like coming in from the vent, but its probably the manifold from what i read in here, thxs again

akriverrat

Chief Petty Officer

to answer your first question...NO. with good maintainence and good luck there will be periods of nothing wrong. sounds like it got rained in.