wiley lake North Carolina

FSHKPR

Ensign
does any body know anything about a lake in north carolina named wiley lake? not sure if that is the correct spelling or not. its in the charlotte area and about 6 miles wide by 8 miles long. my dad and i flying down there sat to visit a friend of his and then go to the packer panther game. and his friend promised me a fishing trip. so if anybody down there knows anything about this lake i would appreciate any tips. also is there any boat rentals in the area. my dads friend is not a fisherman and does not have a boat. any info appreciated thanks

Deerdog

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Re: wiley lake North Carolina

FISKPR,<br />I am from Concord, just north of Charlotte. It is called Lake Wiley and your location is correct. It is relatively small - being on a river between dams. On weekends it is pretty crowded as the shores are very populated by residential areas. Bassmasters just held a tournament here over the summer and I am told the bass fishing is pretty good. As for rentals you may want to look up Tega Cay marina. Im not sure if they rent out or not but it is a marina on the lake. Good luck and enjoy the game. <br /><br />There is a big Bass Pro a short distance up 85 from the Stadium. If you are into NASCAR Hendrick, Roush, and Evernham motorsports are within two miles of the Bass Pro shops.<br /><br />Deerdog

Deerdog

Petty Officer 2nd Class

FISKPR,<br />I am from Concord, just north of Charlotte. It is called Lake Wiley and your location is correct. It is relatively small - being on a river between dams. On weekends it is pretty crowded as the shores are very populated by residential areas. Bassmasters just held a tournament here over the summer and I am told the bass fishing is pretty good. As for rentals you may want to look up Tega Cay marina. Im not sure if they rent out or not but it is a marina on the lake. Good luck and enjoy the game. <br /><br />There is a big Bass Pro a short distance up 85 from the Stadium. If you are into NASCAR Hendrick, Roush, and Evernham motorsports are within two miles of the Bass Pro shops.<br /><br />Deerdog

FSHKPR

Ensign

thanks deerdog appreciate the response. as far as enjoying the game i have a feeling the packers are not give me much to cheer about. panthers defense is gonna be to much for the pack. so i hope to atleast get some fishing in. guess we will see. thanks again.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

Typical packer fan. Can't get tickets to Lambeau so you have to fly to away games just to see the team live. 62,000 on the waiting list for season tickets. Your great great great grandson might have a shot at season tickets if the state is somehow accidently nuked. <br /><br />Have a great weekend FSHPKR!!!!!!

FSHKPR

Ensign

actually i am not a typical fan dont care to go the games at all would rather watch them in the comfort of my own house where she has the kind of beer i drink and a big screen tv. in fact last year a friend of mine asked me to the bear game he had an extra ticket and i said jim you dont realize what it means to me for you to think of me like that and i hope you understand but i really dont care to go sit in that stadium. similar situation this year only its my dad and i can never let him down. so i am not really looking forward to the game so much as the time spent with dad. and hey if i can get alittle bass fishing in besides would make the whole trip worth it.