Wifes new job...maybe

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander
As some of you may remember my wife graduated from the University of Nebraska in December with a degree in elementary education and special education. Since then she has been substitute teaching waiting for a job to come open.<br /><br />Last week she was called to work in a neighboring town. They had to let the special ed teacher go, so they called her to work "until the end of semester in January" then they would re-evaluate the position, and hire someone.<br />She was looking forward to at least 3 months steady. It would have knocked a lot of debt down for us. <br /><br />Yesterday morningh before she started they decided they needed to rush the hiring process. Now they are taking apps and will only need her for a few weeks. That is the best plan for the kids, a few are getting lost in the shuffle and falling behind fast. But she really wanted the job to last.<br /><br />I think she is applying for the position. We will just see what happens I guess. <br /><br />I feel bad for her though, it is so frusterating having what she wants dangled in front of her like this, then pulled away at the last second. Maybe the full time will work out.

eeboater

Commander
Re: Wifes new job...maybe

Well, hopefully all will work out. If she proves herself as a good teacher, my thought is that they would like to continue on and keep someone who the students are happy and comfortable with. <br /><br />I wish her luck and keep us posted!<br /><br />Sean

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Re: Wifes new job...maybe

My sister is a teacher and took on a position in similar circumstances, and they ended up hiring full time.<br /><br />Ken