Wife changing careers

lakelover

Rear Admiral
Woo hoo. My wife just got accepted into graduate school so she can change careers after 22 years as a nurse. That's a job that'll burn out any person and their family. They can't pay enough to make it good for the family.<br /><br />She's following her lifelong ambition, to be a teacher. Will entail financial sacrifice, but congrats to her!

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Wife changing careers

Good for her, LL! :) <br /><br />My oldest daughter just finished her graduate degree in Nursing, to become a licensed practitioner. Also her lifelong dream after 26 years as a NICU nurse.

mrloring

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Great! A teacher the greatest of all professions! :D (slightly biased opinion) :D Good luck.

AzMeadMan

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Way to go Mrs Lake. I hope she enjoys teaching. <br /><br />My sister was in nursing for a few years. She has worked for Medical Attny's the last several years and is much happier and makes way more money.

dakk1

Chief Petty Officer

Takes a lot of courage to change careers mid stride so to speak. Good for her and you.<br /><br />Dave..

lakelover

Rear Admiral

Thanks for the support, we're off on our new journey.

NOSLEEP

Commander

Congrats on her new career.<br />And I am sure she was greatly appreciated in her<br />role as a nurse. In my books their are few<br />professions that have angels in uniforms.

deputydawg

Lieutenant Commander

Congrats to her! <br /><br />My wife just graduated last December at age 34 earning a degree in elementary education and special education. <br /><br />Teaching is a low paying thankless job, but the satisfaction she will find will amaze you and her.