Why the Mirror is NOT my Friend

LadyFish

Admiral
A couple of weeks ago I re-did my bathroom. I decided not to put the cheap old mirror back up and get a nicer one. I also wanted to buy new lighting fixtures.<br /><br />Last night Mr. LF and I bought a new mirror at Home Depot. After I got it home I decided I didn't like it so much. So today I thought I'd take it back. I didn't have a receipt but people take things back all the time without a receipt right?<br /><br />Well, I put this big mirror into a cart from the parking lot and walked into the contractors pick up door thinking the return desk would be close by. Dopey me, it was clear on the other end of the store. So I mosey on through the store get to the counter and when I said I didn't have a receipt, she called security. She asked them if they saw a tall blonde coming through the others doors with a big mirror, they said no. Then she called the checkers down there and they also said no.<br /><br />I asked her to scan the bar code and she would find that I bought it last night. She scanned it and it didn't show that it had been sold. By now, my face is turning all shades of red even though I knew I was not guilty of anything and I am sweatin like a farm animal. She was going to make me leave the mirror and keep my $60 as well. By now I am pissed and embarrased. So I asked her if she could look up my routing number on my check or something. Finally she did and discovered I was telling the truth, and refunded my money.<br /><br />Sooooooooo, I mosey on over to the mirror I wanted, the dang cart was too small so I was trying to balance it as best I could while driving the cart and I hit one of their restocking contraptions and cracked the mirror (as if my luck wasn't bad enough already). So I put it back and got another. I felt guilty but dammit, I was not leaving the store without a mirror.<br /><br />I come around the corner headed for the checkout line and 3 security officers grabbed me and asked me to go to the front of the store. They told me they had just received a call about a tall blonde lady with a mirror and no receipt to show for it. So I immediately explained that I already took that mirror back, this was a different one. They said show me the receipt. I told them I didn't have one she gave me cash back. They looked at me like I was a criminal. Which after breaking a mirror and putting back I was. But thats not what they wanted me for.<br /><br />Soooooo, to the front of the store we go. The refund ladies explained to the security guards what had happened, they all got a big chuckle out of it and let me proceed to checkout.<br /><br />I get out in the parking lot, still balancing this huge mirror, open the hatch on the back of the Sequioa with one hand, the other on the mirror, managing to grab the mirror just before it fell over, while I yanked it out of the cart, the cart went sailing down the parking lot and hit a truck that was backing out of a parking space with a bunch of mexicans in it. They jump out screaming to me in Spinglish, I grabbed the cart, put it in its proper place, and got in the truck and hauled butt.<br /><br />When I told my daughter the story she nearly peed her pants laughing at me cause she knows how I hate to take anything back. She also knows what a clutz I am which is why I won't buy brooms or mops or anything else that sticks out of the cart by myself.<br /><br />I was going to try and install the light fixtures by myself but I think after the way the day has gone so far, I'd better wait for Mr. LF. Or maybe not, he locked his keys in his truck today and I had to run to the Ford dealership first thing this morning and have an entry key made. Not sure his luck is any better than mine at the moment.<br /><br />I think its time for a longneck. :(

LadyFish

Admiral
Re: Why the Mirror is NOT my Friend

UPDATE:<br /><br />I just set the mirror up where I want it only to discover now we are going to have to move the wiring cause the mirror is too big.<br /><br />
6.gif

snapperbait

Vice Admiral

LF.... Some days it just is'nt worth getting out of bed.... :D

NOSLEEP

Commander

What a stupid, pain in the rear mirror...

Trent

Captain

Somedays your the bug and somedays your the windshield. :mad: Hope you have a good weekend!

LadyFish

Admiral

I can actually laugh about it now, as long as Mr. LF dosen't make me take this mirror back 'cause he dosen't want to move the wiring. :eek:

alden135

Lieutenant Commander

Home Depot can be a strange place sometimes. I'm in them every day just about. It seems it all depends on where the store is located. The one I shop in most times is in a somewhat rural area, and is very friendly and easy to shop. The stores in the cities are like trying to shop in a POW camp.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Geeze, that reminds me of me.<br /><br />Ken

ZmOz

Captain

Makes you realize just how easy it is to steal from Home Depot. Had you had a receipt, (from the ground?) you could have just walked over and got another mirror and gotten a refund. :D <br /><br />It's a good thing I can make a living doing legal stuff...I'd go to jail for sure. :p

Pony

Rear Admiral

LF- I could've made you a staind glass mirror. LOL. I would need to see a receipt though if you wanted to return it

Vlad D Impeller

Commander

Gee! i would've liked to have witnessed that :D <br /><br />"I hit one of their restocking contraptions and cracked the mirror (as if my luck wasn't bad enough already)."<br /><br /><br />So how many years bad luck is that? :p

wilkin250r

Chief Petty Officer

I wish such ordeals and misfortunes on ALL women. Maybe then they wouldn't be so quick to change their minds mid-project if they knew the hassles it entailed. :cool:

QC

Supreme Mariner

Originally posted by wilkin250r:<br /> I wish such ordeals and misfortunes on ALL women. Maybe then they wouldn't be so quick to change their minds mid-project if they knew the hassles it entailed. :cool:
LMAO. At LF too. Mrs. QC LOVES to take stuff back. No issue whatsoever. No receipt, bigger challenge. I think she sees it as shopping in reverse . . . :D I HATE to take stuff back, so that part of our relationship works pretty well. Changing her mind in the middle of a project is just a given. You'd think I'd get a clue and quit *****ing about it :rolleyes:

steamboatwilly

Petty Officer 1st Class

What a day!!!!!!,,,I believe I wouldve went back to bed.

Sounds like you had a day like me. Pay off the car and it breaks down. Had to get a new car to go to school and work. Bad day's should be spent in bed.

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

Omg...THAT'S FUNNY!....But ya gotta tell me if ya break this mirror before you get it returned or if ya get the same return's lady......Do ya got this reciept :D

Serentiy

Petty Officer 1st Class

Well call it "jet lag" or car lag from being just off the road running from the hurricaine I'm glad you have a wall to put up a mirror.<br />Serenity

grotmeister

Seaman Apprentice

i looked in the mirror 10 years ago and decided mirrors are not good

fireman57

Captain

LF you are supposed to have seven years bad luck for breaking a mirror but lawyer says he can get you three.