Why men lie?

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander
Now I understand you men better. You're always good and honorable, heh? I feel so much better knowing that. ;) <br />Why men lie: <br />> > <br />> >One day, while a woodcutter was cutting a branch of a tree above a river, <br />> >his <br />> >axe fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord appeared and asked, <br />> >"Why <br />> >are you crying?" The woodcutter replied that his axe has fallen into water, <br />> >and he needed the axe to make his living. The Lord went down into the water <br />> >and <br />> >reappeared with a golden axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord asked. The <br />> >woodcutter replied, "No." The Lord again went down and came up with a <br />> >silver axe. "Is <br />> >this your axe?" the Lord asked. Again, the woodcutter replied, "No." The <br />> >Lord <br />> >went down again and came up with an iron axe. "Is this your axe?" the Lord <br />> >asked. The woodcutter replied, "Yes." The Lord was pleased with the man's <br />> >honesty and gave him all three axes to keep, and the woodcutter went home <br />> >happy. <br />> >Some time later the woodcutter was walking with his wife along the <br />> >riverbank, and <br />> >his wife fell into the river. When he cried out, the Lord again appeared <br />> >and <br />> >asked him, "Why are you cry! ing?" "Oh Lord, my wife has fallen into the <br />> >water!" The Lord went down into the water and came up with Jennifer Lopez. <br />> >"Is this <br />> >your wife?" the Lord asked. "Yes," cried the woodcutter. The Lord was <br />> >furious. "You lied! That is an untruth!" The woodcutter replied, "Oh, <br />> >forgive me, my <br />> >Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Jennifer <br />> >Lopez, <br />> >You would have come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones. Then if I also said 'no' <br />> >to <br />> >her, you would have come up with my wife. Had I then said 'yes,' you would <br />> >have given me all three. Lord, I am a poor man, and am not able to take <br />> >care of <br />> >all three wives, so THAT'S why I said yes to Jennifer Lopez." <br />> > <br />> >The moral of this story is: Whenever a man lies, it is for a good and <br />> >honorable reason, and for the benefit of others. That's our story, and <br />> >we're sticking <br />> >to it.

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Why men lie?

Well Bassy, i am certainly not one to question your wisdom on such matters :D :D

JB

Honorary Moderator Emeritus

Men lie because women don't believe the truth.

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Men lie because ........ we fish. :)

Elmer Fudge

Lieutenant Commander

Sometimes i lie on the couch,sometimes i lie on the bed, other than that my lips are sealed :D

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

...a Hunter lyes in Wait..........<br /><br />...a Fisherman Waits and Lies......<br /><br />....and Men lie due to survival instincts if confronted by Better Half!!!!!!!! ;)

WoodRust

Seaman

Being a *male* single :) I only lie so single women (Over 40 :D ) will take their ..... :p <br /><br />I'm banned :rolleyes:

Jack Shellac

Lieutenant Commander

Well, Bassy--in the immortal words of Homer Simpson, "It takes two to lie, Marge. One to lie and one to listen. And you listened, Marge". So stop listening.

Bassy

Lieutenant Commander

Right answer Ryan. You get an A+. I agree. The truth is always best.<br />Bassy

BrianFD

Senior Chief Petty Officer

We all lie, men AND women. It's in our nature to embellish, an accepted form of lying. Sometimes we lie for all the right reasons, other times it's to satisfy our sinister nature.<br />As Todd Rundgren states in his liner notes off his new CD, "Liars", "...We are raised from birth to believe things that cannot be proven or that are plainly not true. People will often brag of their honesty, when there is so much they have simply chosen to ignore or leave unexamined."

cjones4@hvc.rr.com

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Lord. It is a misunderstanding. You see, if I had said 'no' to Jennifer <br />> >Lopez, <br />> >You would have come up with Catherine Zeta-Jones.
If it were me... I would have held out for Catherine :cool:

PDS

Petty Officer 1st Class

Bassy, It's easery for us guys to Lie than it is to tell the truth. Have you ever seen the Red Green Show from Canada(on PBS)The truth is shown, and I only drag my knockles on the ground a couple of times a day. Honest engine.PDS

Carphunter

Commander

Gee Bassy, I think lying is stupid, can I get an A+ too? ;)

tylerin

Commander

Gee Bassy, I think lying is stupid, can I get an A+ too? <br />
Bassy, when you're giving out marks, please consider the fact that Carp doesn't play well with others :D

gaugeguy

Captain

Originally posted by Carphunter:<br />Gee Bassy, I think lying is stupid, can I get an A+ too? ;)
No. You are a grown man and you don't believe a word you just said.

ChrisMcLaughlin

Petty Officer 1st Class

Men do not lie! We make stuff up! <br />If that is true then all fiction writers are liers? But if men are liers and they are lying about that, then are they truly lyers???

KM2

Chief Petty Officer

From a Chris Rock bit:<br /><br />Men lie the most, woman tell the biggest lies...<br />A man's lie... "I was at Charlie's house" <br />A woman's lie... "It's your baby"