Whos the cying man on TV in NO?

oddjob

Commander
I saw him a few days ago cying,critizing and demanding Bush do something...then last night one of the networks news claimed he is the new hero for standing up to Bush and the feds. <br /><br /><br />At the same time news is begining to unravel about the fact that the LA GOV needed some time to ponder allowing the Bush and the federal agencies to intervene..

ehenry

Commander
Re: Whos the cying man on TV in NO?

He's the president of Jefferson Parish...Broussard is his last name. Not sure of his first name.

jtexas

Fleet Admiral

sorry, wrong man, I just saw the clip. Aaron Broussard

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

E.F. <br />Interested in peceptions on how things are being controlled in Miss. So far your Gov. seems to be on top of it, am I correct?

ehenry

Commander

Haley Barbour has matters well in hand here. The people of Mississippi should be proud of him and the way he has handled this situation. <br /><br />The coast was pretty much wiped out but there are so many other communities between Jackson and the coast that are still with out power and running water. THe wind damage is hard to describe. Even at my house and I'm alomst 200 miles from the coast theres damage. trees blown on houses, buildings blown down.<br /><br />Trent Lott ordered the imediate release of 20 thousand manufactured homes from georgia that FEMA would not release due to some contract red tape problem. Bush ordered the homes released! <br /><br />Don't know if you saw what Gov. Barbour said shortly after the hurricane but he said and I quote "Theres no need to complain or place blame. We're going to hitch up our britches and get this done." and that my friend is what he's doing its what every one in this state is doing.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Saw Gov. Barbour on Meet the Press on Sunday. Very impressed at how he handles himself. No need for foul language or threats to beat up anybody. The guy has class and I hope it's remembered in the future.

ehenry

Commander

He's a good man. I grew up next door to his wife in Canton where she is from. Met him before he had political ambitions and he was a fine guy then.

Ralph 123

Captain

wahh1.jpg
<br /><br />
wahh2.jpg

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

Isn't that Parish prez. Brossurd?

Copespitter

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Yeah thats's broussard.<br />I saw him on Meet the Press.<br />He was getting asked some tough questions about local responsibilties so he changed the subject and started crying like a woman does when she's in court fighting for alimony.

KaGee

Admiral

Unless I am confusing him with someone else... From what I heard this morning, I believe this Broussard fellow is one of the good eggs down there. He is just fighting for his community and making sure that they are not overlooked as most attention is given to NO. His break down, if you want to call it that, is mostly do to lack of sleep I believe.

wildbill59

Petty Officer 1st Class

ya I saw that too. All of a sudden when it got tough he changed the story into how one of his underlongs lost their family.<br /><br />Maybe this time the Feds need to stay around for a while and clean house like they did at the Teamsters. Problem is that there'll allways be vermin still able to hide.

Ralph 123

Captain

He was the one blaming Bush on Meet the Press. Then, when Russet finally asked about local responsibility, he began to cry and blamed the feds.

BillP

Captain

The dude can't take the pressure for sure. When the going got tough he whimped out. He's just like the mayor of NO. Neither had a good emergency evacuation or recovery plan and their "peeps" suffered for it. Now it's the blame game.

oddjob

Commander

Originally posted by KaGee:<br /> Unless I am confusing him with someone else... From what I heard this morning, I believe this Broussard fellow is one of the good eggs down there. He is just fighting for his community and making sure that they are not overlooked as most attention is given to NO. His break down, if you want to call it that, is mostly do to lack of sleep I believe.
One of the networks was immediately calling him a hero the next day ....because he cried and blamed bush...

RetNav

Senior Chief Petty Officer

From what I have been reading and hearing, there was an excellent plan written for NO. The problem seems to be that no one activated, executed, followed the plan. One main part of the plan calls for evacuation starting 72 hours before landfall. Another part calls for using all available resources to get it done and I know most here have seen the pictures of all the flooded school buses still neatly parked and flooded.

KaGee

Admiral

I have obviously confused him with someone else. Too many "parishs", too many parish presidents.<br /><br />RETNAV... What's the saying...? Plan your work and work your plan?