Who's gunna buy a V8 soon?

Tinkrrr

Seaman Apprentice
Maybe me.<br /><br />With any luck, fuel prices will drive the price of the cars down way below what they're worth.<br /><br />With any luck, like the late '70's to early 80's, the fuel price panic-stricken zombies who can't get their wheels converted to LPG will ditch their grand big banger carriages for farty little rice burners.<br /><br />Without regard to the relative costs.<br /><br />Who cares if a cheap full house V8 costs another $30 or $40 a week in fuel when the same 6 cylinder body in its most basic trim costs the same or more to run on a total cost of finance, insurance etc?<br /><br />Not me, for sure.<br /><br />Compared with not much less for a stupid little rice burner that's rated for towing a tiny little box trailer instead of my boat, which is just a no contest.<br /><br />VROOM! VROOM!

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral
Re: Who's gunna buy a V8 soon?

Tink,<br />Why settle for a V-8 when ya can have a V-10??? :D :D <br /> I've got one in an Ford F250 Super Duty....ya won't need the finger trick the fuel cost will kill ya :eek: :eek: ........Not really, actually get comparable or better mileage than the Diesels when not towing or lead footing it.

Frankhanhart

Petty Officer 1st Class

Never underestimate the government!!! Here in Holland they just decided to put more tax on gas-guzzlers. I'll stay with my trusted Opel 2 liter 135HP to tow my boat :D There is a 80km/h speed limit on any towed vehicle anyway (caravan or trailer) and.....Holland is 99.9999999% flat , so no sweat.

Tinkrrr

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> Tink,<br />Why settle for a V-8 when ya can have a V-10??? :D :D <br /> I've got one in an Ford F250 Super Duty....ya won't need the finger trick the fuel cost will kill ya :eek: :eek: ........Not really, actually get comparable or better mileage than the Diesels when not towing or lead footing it.
Why stop at a V10?<br /><br />Jaguar made a V12, of legendary power and even more legendary unreliability and even greater expense to repair. I won't need the finger trick with a Jag. They lie down whenever they feel like it, without any external intervention.<br /><br />Or a Rolls Royce V12, like the Merlin that powered the Spitfire. And ?Centurion? tanks, with a little ?Morris? car engine as the starter motor.

Tinkrrr

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by Frank Hanhart:<br /> I'll stay with my trusted Opel 2 liter 135HP to tow my boat :D There is a 80km/h speed limit on any towed vehicle anyway (caravan or trailer) and.....Holland is 99.9999999% flat , so no sweat.
I'm thinking around 5 lt and 300hp, stock from the factory. <br /><br />No speed limit on towing, not that I go over, or much under, 100 km/h anyway.

Limited-Time

Vice Admiral

Well I can afford the Ford..............The V-12 equipped vehicles are a little outside my price range........If I could afford one I don't think the fuel cost would concern me...............unless it started effecting the price of Dom Perrion,(sp) or my favorite Russian caviar.

vipzach

Lieutenant

[/quote]I'm thinking around 5 lt and 300hp, stock from the factory. <br /><br />No speed limit on towing, not that I go over, or much under, 100 km/h anyway. [/quote]<br />I am thinking about buying a newer truck here in the next 6 months, there should be plenty of excellent trades buy then, they are already starting to show up. I am thinking Nissan Titan, 5.6 lt 305 HP, can tow 9500lbs!!!!!! :D

Ralph 123

Captain

Read an article in the Boston Herald the other day that all large vehicles prices have been cut in half at the auctions - they are taking the book value and cutting it in half when just a few weeks ago they were selling at book. There is going to be a flood of cheap large vehicles on the lots very soon, if not already.

txswinner

Banned

Careful on used vehicles if they track back to storm areas they may have been in water. Just a note of cautions happens after ever storm.

txswinner

Banned

Careful on used vehicles if they track back to storm areas they may have been in water. Just a note of cautions happens after ever storm.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by Tinkrrr:<br />
Originally posted by Limited-Time:<br /> Tink,<br />Why settle for a V-8 when ya can have a V-10??? :D :D <br /> I've got one in an Ford F250 Super Duty....ya won't need the finger trick the fuel cost will kill ya :eek: :eek: ........Not really, actually get comparable or better mileage than the Diesels when not towing or lead footing it.
Why stop at a V10?<br /><br />Jaguar made a V12, of legendary power and even more legendary unreliability and even greater expense to repair. I won't need the finger trick with a Jag. They lie down whenever they feel like it, without any external intervention.<br /><br />Or a Rolls Royce V12, like the Merlin that powered the Spitfire. And ?Centurion? tanks, with a little ?Morris? car engine as the starter motor.
Not fair Tink, the Jag V12 engine is bullet prof, the electric systems in the car may be a little iffy but the engine will run forever. The perfect car if you only want to drive in the daylight and don't need any electrical gaget to work. :rolleyes: :D :D

ZmOz

Captain

I'm currently collecting parts to build a 4-500hp 454 to put in my 5000+lb truck. Probably about 9mpg on a good day going down hill. :D The high gas prices are probably why I got the truck so cheap in the first place...

ndemge

Commander

I just bought a '84 F250 with a 460... half own with my brother.... bought it at gas under $2.00<br />havn't even got plates on it yet.<br /><br />....he wants to sell it now

bekosh

Lieutenant

Not fair Tink, the Jag V12 engine is bullet prof, the electric systems in the car may be a little iffy but the engine will run forever. The perfect car if you only want to drive in the daylight and don't need any electrical gaget to work. :rolleyes: :D :D
Ah yes! Lucus, Lord of Darkness!

D

DJ

Ah yes! Lucus, Lord of Darkness!<br />
The three positions of a Lucas headlight switch:<br /><br />dim-flicker-off.

rodbolt

Supreme Mariner

yall are to hard on ole Lucas.<br /> its was a very good system<br /> made me lots of money in my youth :) :) <br /> not quite as much as SU carbs but close.

RPJS

Lieutenant Commander

Originally posted by rodbolt:<br /> yall are to hard on ole Lucas.<br /> its was a very good system<br /> made me lots of money in my youth :) :) <br /> not quite as much as SU carbs but close.
You used to repair Lucas equipment then rodbolt ;)

Tinkrrr

Seaman Apprentice

Originally posted by RPJS:<br /> You used to repair Lucas equipment then rodbolt ;)
Unlikely. Most Lucas stuff was beyond repair before it left the factory.