Who's for it?

eeboater

Commander
I'm all for dipping my finger in some purple ink to prove that I voted already.<br /><br />I'll do it. To screw over the people trying to screw me.<br /><br />Sean

pjc

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Who's for it?

count me in ee , but let's consider voter id laws here in WI similar to what other States have.<br /><br />I support the "voter id" bill that will be introduced and debated in Madison (State Capitol)very soon.<br /><br />The expectation is the Gov Doyle(D) will veto.<br /><br />We need the id law here in WI after all the predicted vote abuse was substantiated after the fact.

POINTER94

Vice Admiral

8000 more votes counted in Milwaukee than were people registered to vote. And the Mayor of Milwaukee needed 5 times the number of ballots printed than there were registered voters. Vote early and vote often.<br /><br />Bring on the ink!

Fly Rod

Commander

:) My doctor dipped his finger, but he wasn't voting ;) :cool:

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> count me in ee , but let's consider voter id laws here in WI similar to what other States have.<br /><br />I support the "voter id" bill that will be introduced and debated in Madison (State Capitol)very soon.<br /><br />The expectation is the Gov Doyle(D) will veto.<br /><br />We need the id law here in WI after all the predicted vote abuse was substantiated after the fact.
I second that wholeheartedly PJC. It makes no sense to me why we can't force people to provide proof of who they are BEFORE they vote. Dems say it disenfranchises peolple withouth gov. issued IDs... I say its bs.<br /><br />I need to join some kind of club to help promote Voter ID bill.<br /><br />Sean

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

I just have to chime in here and agree.<br />There, now we have 4 members from WI in this post.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Some people need to dip another part of the body in an inkwell.

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

nym........huh???????????<br /><br />an action that can be done ee, is to write actual letters to Gov. Doyle(D) demanding he not veto the bill. <br /><br />Doyle(D) is likely very mindful that he is up for re-election in '06.

WillyBWright

Fleet Admiral

ID is OK w/ me :) <br /><br />But regarding the voter/registered thing in Milwaukee ... Wisconsin allows unregistered voters to register at the poll. A lot of first time voters register this way and a lot of people voted for the first time in this election along with a real good turnout of those that vote regularly. That stat is predictable.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> nym........huh???????????<br /><br />an action that can be done ee, is to write actual letters to Gov. Doyle(D) demanding he not veto the bill. <br /><br />Doyle(D) is likely very mindful that he is up for re-election in '06.
Let me clarify: The al-quieda cells, the insurgents, and others who attempt to stall freedom should have their faces and all body parts dipped in permanent ink for easy identity .

eeboater

Commander

Originally posted by pjc:<br /> nym........huh???????????<br /><br />an action that can be done ee, is to write actual letters to Gov. Doyle(D) demanding he not veto the bill. <br /><br />Doyle(D) is likely very mindful that he is up for re-election in '06.
Hmm.. yeah, it seems tho that the it may fall on deaf ears. What do you think about this idea. What if I started a petition that says: <br /><br />"Governor Doyle, if you veto the voter ID bill, We will not vote for you in '06."<br /><br />If we come up with a couple hundred thousand names, I think that might drive it home.<br /><br />Sean

dolluper

Captain

Hay NYM what colour are you suggesting YELLOW BLACK or WHITE

spratt

Lieutenant

Dolluper, I am the first to agree on YELLOW, the cowards who have to hide their faces adn slink around behind everyones back to do their dastartdly deeds...and to use retarded children to carry their suicide bombs...what a bunch of cowardly punks!!!!!

pjc

Lieutenant Commander

WBW.........at pol registration is not the issue. never was nor will be.<br /><br />currently the id requirements for on site reg. are very lax. huge potential for fraud as illustrated by the current situation in Milwaukee. show a site voter registration worker a stub from a utility bill and yuo are good to go. <br /><br />the legislation being introduced meerly would require photo id. Gov Doyle(D) and other Democrats(D) have not supported photo id for registration or to vote.<br /><br />For Crizt sakes, I must produce photo ID to buy a pack of smokes at Pik-N-Save.

NYMINUTE

Captain

Originally posted by dolluper:<br /> Hay NYM what colour are you suggesting YELLOW BLACK or WHITE
All three, it will increase orders at the Ink Factory, put people to work and the economy will flourish. Then we send it to Mexico. :D :D

PW2

Commander

I'm for any system that gives every eligible voter an equal chance to vote, and then accurately count them.<br /><br />Can you imagine a lottery commission, or a bank ATM system, running such a sloppy system as we do with voting? The technology is available to do it, and the party in charge should insist on it---unless, of course, they have something to gain by keeping the current system as is.