whoops, water in cylinder? comnig out of plugs

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Well, didn't get a good seal around the spark plugs with the new water cover gasket installed and water came out of plug holes while running,<br /><br />ofcourse engine sputtered and choked, do I need to pour some alcohol into cylinder to get rid of the water, I figured the piston on down stroke pulls the water into crankcase?? thanks for your help. 1973 merc 200 20hp 2 stroke

Clams Canino

Commander
Re: whoops, water in cylinder? comnig out of plugs

If it's just leaking around the water jacket cover, no water outta enter the jugs. But you might wanna look inside to make sure you don;t have any more leaks.<br /><br />-W

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Thanks clams, we forgot to use a silocon sealer with gasket, anyway we got it sealed and I put some "STP" "NO WATER" in both cylinders just in case the water got sucked in on downstroke"<br /><br />will add some to gas-oil mixture for the first tank of gas. Since I put in new rings,seals ect I need to follow break in procedure with motor? Right? Should I increse oil to gas ratio? If so what should I use?? thanks for your reply

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

You should use double the oil ratio for breakin period. <br /><br />I would get some oil or SeaFoam Deep Creep into the cylinders and crankcase, not just alcohol. Only an oil coating is going to prevent corrosion and/or rust.

ryanc

Petty Officer 2nd Class

thank you Roscoe!!