Wholesale Marine

Mostly Harmless

Seaman Apprentice
Has anyone dealt with Wholesale Marine? They have really good prices I just don't know if they are legite.

Edit: Removed link. Not allowed in the first post of a new thread. Remember to support iboats marine store . . . ;) QC

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: Wholesale Marine

I bought a bimini from them, good service. They are actually located a half hour away from me.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

Attention to detail! Have you looked at the iboats store?

Have you seen this??

iboats.com Low Price Guarantee - Quick and Simple

Buy with Confidence - We Won't Be Beat! If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any nationally recognized marine Internet retailer, we will match the price and work hard to make you a satisfied iboats customer for life.

For instructions, see our complete policy.

Friscoboater

Captain

Have you seen this??

Buy with Confidence - We Won't Be Beat! If you find a current lower price on an identical, in-stock item from any nationally recognized marine Internet retailer, we will match the price and work hard to make you a satisfied iboats customer for life.

Please support iboats.com. They provide this board for us for free, and I know it costs money to run it.

RWilson2526

Master Chief Petty Officer

Have you seen this??

Thanks for posting that Bob, I did not know that IBoats was offering that....really havent had to buy much this year yet amazingly so but I'm sure I will.

blairjbyrd

Petty Officer 2nd Class

Support iboats, if they match prices then just go through them;)

rauch0812

Petty Officer 2nd Class

I was looking into buying Quicksilver Gear Lube and Power Steering and Trim Fluid thru Wholesale Marine and was wondering the samething... I already searched iboats for these products and I don't see them for sale, so an answer would still help me if anybody knows...?

trejac

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I could not find the fuel pump I needed on this site so I went Wholesale Marine. They had a nice website that was easy to use. I found the pump and it was amlost $100 less than my local shop had it for. They had it to me in three business days as I was too cheap to pay for the overnight shipping. sorry iboat!!! I'll do my best to shop thru you next time!!!!!

maharg

Petty Officer 1st Class

As I already posted I had good service, but for items you can purchase here please do so.

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class

I am somewhat embarrassed to say this - but I will. I priced a few items the other day on Iboats, Wholesale Marine (found them and countless others in a google search) and a few others. Had I have known then about Iboats' price matching policy, I might not be telling this. I didn't. SORRY!!! I do appreciate this board and use it virtually every day - either to help me out, maybe to help someone, and frequently to fight boredom and wishing I was boating.

As it relates to WM, there prices were VERY good and I did order from them around midnight on Monday. Tuesday I got a very courteous call (dont remember the guy's name) saying that they were out of the Sierra product I ordered but he would substitute a Volvo Penta part (more expensive) for the same price - if that was ok with me. I agreed. Within about 1/2 hour I got an email that UPS had logged the package and that expected delivery date is Thursday (I am in GA - WM is in Ohio). I have been very impressed so far (haven't actually seen anything yet) and would have no regrets except for seeing this thread.:(

As I said - I would have preferred to buy from Iboats just because of the forum - BUT - I must voice an opinion as I, too, am a small business owner.

I know that all too often purchases like this come down to price alone - as they do in my business. It is a cruel situation in a cruel world. It would be one thing if Iboat's prices were a little high on some items and a little low on others but WM was consistently lower by a substantial amount on EVERY item. On one hand, and again, as much as I like this forum and would like to buy from Iboats - it was easier to simply click the order in at WM's website, than to go through the hassle of contacting Iboats (and the embarrassment of appearing cheap) to get them to match the WM prices. ON the other side of the coin - WM is providing the same products at a lower price with presumably the same level of service (to be determined) - why should you go anywhere else. This is the free market at work. Bottom line - if prices go down sales will likely go up.

I hope I haven't ticked anyone off - and I do enjoy it here - so please don't ban me or anything.;) For what it's worth the 4 items I bought (fuel filter, dist cap, rotor and impeller) were less than $50.

Friscoboater

Captain

As long as you get the service you want. Alot of times the cheap price leads to cheap service. Or they have great service for a while and then go out of business due to low profit. You cannot have one without the other. I have to admit that with iboats sometimes it is very hard to find things, but I still try to give them the money. So how does the price match thing work over the internet? Do you just call.

sbbamafan

Petty Officer 1st Class

FWIW - my order from WM arrived today. It LOOKS like the right stuff. Certainly got here quick enough. All seems good.

Mostly Harmless

Seaman Apprentice

Thanks guys! Next time I will check out iboats first. I order a set of hubs for a new/used trailer I got and they should be here tomorrow. I do wish that it would have been out of stock and upgrade me too!