Who looks at Craigslist? - I was quite bold

I thought about selling my 3-wheeler on craigslist, and then for some curious stupid reason I started to check out the personnals. My curiousity was just blinging.. So I did check out 2 or 3 ok I looked at 5. I called a girl freind up, who is in my area and was discussing it with her. I wanted some reassurance that I'm not so crazy. She told me to try it. So ya I did. I used the pic from one of my old posting "Poaching my neighbors pond" with that poor little catfish hanging on my pole. Very interesting responce's, some I just can't even get into for fear of imbarressment.:eek: But did get a picture of a guy with no shirt:eek: Oh my God, it was quickly deleted. Anyway I lasted 3 full days and took my post off. i think I had about 20 responces for my area. Only 3 look like it would be worth writing too.:rolleyes: Ok I wrote to 8 and lowered my standards. God you guys like to twist my arms. Well needless to say the 3-wheeler is still not listed. I had to tear the primary coil out and clean all the internal area's to get spark. Got spark, now I have to put carb back on and gas it up. Anyway that was my excitement this week. I have 2 fisherman that seem OK and a possible date on a commercial boat. Well ya just never know..
Have fun

Mark42

Fleet Admiral
Re: Who looks at Craigslist? - I was quite bold

From my experience using those sort of services in the early 1990's, you will find all the dates to be 100% waste of time.

But I could be wrong.

I ended up marrying a woman I met through a co-worker. She was his girl friend at the time, he met her at night school. Over time, she and I realized we were better suited as a couple than her and my co-worker. So she broke it off with him, he faded away, and we are living happilly ever after with three kids and two boats and one house and a dog.

I later heard he married an extremely obese woman and moved into a small appartment in Boston with her mother where he continues to exist ever after.

See? Things work out best when you meet people you don't initially have an intention and expectation to jump their bones. :)

jenoble01

Petty Officer 3rd Class

I used to loaf at a local service station before it closed down. I met my wife there while she was working through school as a cashier, we've been together over 4 years now. You know the BP sign gives off a romantic glow, that's a country song if I've ever heard one...

Haut Medoc

Supreme Mariner

From my experience using those sort of services in the early 1990's, you will find all the dates to be 100% waste of time.

But I could be wrong.

I ended up marrying a woman I met through a co-worker. She was his girl friend at the time, he met her at night school. Over time, she and I realized we were better suited as a couple than her and my co-worker. So she broke it off with him, he faded away, and we are living happilly ever after with three kids and two boats and one house and a dog.

I later heard he married an extremely obese woman and moved into a small appartment in Boston with her mother where he continues to exist ever after.

See? Things work out best when you meet people you don't initially have an intention and expectation to jump their bones. :)
Well it doesn't sound like it ended well for him!.......:eek: :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

My sister in law has been in town for 3 weeks, posted on Yahoo personals 2 weeks ago and has already met two decent guys from Yahoo personals.

But it helps she is young and very attractive.

Ken

Boomyal

Supreme Mariner

If I was in the market for a serious friend I'd try E-harmony.com. It probably has the best reputation in the industry for finding legitimate matches. Of course it is probably not free. But then the old saying...........

BTW, Craigslist is great for selling things local. Use pictures and price it right and it will sell. Neither *****trader or newspaper ads can match it.

PW2

Commander

To find a prince (or princess) you often have to kiss a lot of toads.

There is no correct way to meet the right person. Everyone will have a different method depending on how they found theirs.

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

BTW, Craigslist is great for selling things local. Use pictures and price it right and it will sell. Neither *****trader or newspaper ads can match it.

To put a finer point on that, Craigslist is a buyer?s site because of the format and the listing policies. Ebay, by comparison is a seller?s site. Either way you have to ask yourself, ?Do I dearly love the item and I can?t live without it??

57whitehouse

Chief Petty Officer

Craigslist doesn't have any screening. Any nut can put what he wants on there. Scary!:eek:

I think e-harmony is the best place to look, although it's not free.

I actually took Neil Clark Warren out to dinner when he visited our church to promote e-harmony before it went public. He's got a good thing going there.

LadyFish

Admiral

I think shopping for a man on the internet is very dangerous business. Anyone can be anything they want and in the meantime they get ahold of your name, address, IP, etc. I would not want predators or stalkers knocking on my door or knowing where I live. You may have been lucky so far but there is always a chance that a crazed lunatic will tell you everything you want to hear just to find out where you live.

Don't ever trust people you can't see face to face and don't meet people from the internet you don't know unless you are extremely careful. Bring a friend, public place, etc., etc., etc.

Be careful Barbara, too many crazies out there.

Craigslist is good for buying and selling to locals. I would never trust any personal reply from anyone there. Too risky.and too many freaks.

JBC49

Cadet

BarBeeQ, I'm looking for a good woman and fishing partner, please send me a picture of your boat. LOL

burroak

Senior Chief Petty Officer

BarBeeQ, I'm looking for a good woman and fishing partner, please send me a picture of your boat. LOL

Wheeow!

For a minute, I thought you were taking the buzz bait tossed out in Dockside Chat.:D

dave68iou1

Seaman

I haven't found the "right" one yet, but I've found alot of the wrong ones that feel right! (Until the psychotic luggage suitcase breaks open to reveal the baggage they should have left behind years ago) I'm told that if you can deal with the baggage, it may be marriage material?? Who knows. One day ata time!

moterboat

Petty Officer 1st Class

found my wife on the free internet dating site 9 years ago,my brother did the same,he lucked out too.. not everyone goes to bars or night clubs or other places to meet people,some people are shy.. this is my #3 marriage and the best one.. the others I met thru other people and they were nightmares,this is my brothers #6 and the best,his others were nightmares.. I believe in the internet dating,but no farther the 50 miles,long distance relationships do not all work out very well most of the time.. all thou my wifes niece found someone 3 years ago on the net and are getting married next year,this long distance relationship is working, PA. to MICH.

jbjennings

Captain

Any woman that can or is willing to fix a primary coil on a three-wheeler is a hot item! I can't believe you're HAVING to look, but then again, people don't value the right things these days.... Hope you find the right fella that'll appreciate you--you sound like a lot of fun. I was introduced to my wife by her aunt who worked at the same place I did. I'm not high on the aunt any more but the niece(my wife) is pretty neat.:)
Good luck,
JBJ

rogerwa

Commander

There was no internet when I met my wife.. I had to do it the hard way - meet her at a party. I had three parties lined up that night and only made it to two. Little did I know that my life would change that night.:eek:

If I had to do it today I would call one of those chat lines. The ladies they show on TV are just my type.:D