Who elses needs a good scream!!

OBJ

Supreme Mariner
Ken...take two six packs of Longneck Bud's. If symptoms persist...call me....if yer able... :)

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral
Who elses needs a good scream!!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />(&^$&%$@()&%*&%^$*(&^$(&^(&^((($(%^*&%^(*&^$*^#%*%^$*%$*^%$*^%<br /><br />I NEED A VACATION.<br /><br />note...i just got back from trying to control 10 eight year old boys in the scouts. I used the word "control" loosely.<br /><br />Ken

KaGee

Admiral
Re: Who elses needs a good scream!!

Awww Ken.... afew rounds on the COWBELL sure to help that headache....snick!<br /><br />I feel you pain brother... been there, done that, the dang t-shirt is all wore out. Glad both my boys are married and Out of the House!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

I hear ya Ken .. <br /><br />coached 7th grade youth league Basketball last year ... hormone hell!!<br /><br />actually I don't know which was worse .. parents or the kids..

ddaigle

Petty Officer 1st Class

Think about this, I teach Junior High spec. ed. down here on the Mexico border. I have 6 classes of 12 -15 ADHD, emotionally disturbed gangmembers EVERY DAY! Some days I'm glad to get out with my life. Now you know why I fish so much. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

LMAO @ dd ... you got it made .. :p :D

Homerr

Commander

Better you than me ddaigle !!!<br /><br />I could never do a job like that. I don't have the patience.<br /><br />A pat on the back is in order!<br /><br />H.

tylerin

Commander

Took (14) 12 yr old baseball players to Cooperstown NY from Cal to play in a National championship. Decided I'd take them to see the Yankees in the Bronx. Once we made it to the Cooperstown compound (64 other teams) I hooked up with another coach and we hopped the fence and broke-out. Found a little bar about 2 miles away, and we ran damn near the whole way. About 6 of them had to take medication for one thing or the other every morning. that wasn't my last trip to that bar , rest assured

oddjob

Commander

note...i just got back from trying to control 10 eight year old boys in the scouts. I used the word "control" loosely.<br />
Just hope the parents were not there to inter-fear. (sp?) its usually hopeless if they are all present. I cant even begin to talk about the experience I had with the troops here. All the parents had to go and help out. breakfast took 2.5 hours....so did all three meals....had to buy meal tickets before and not partaking in the commune was prohibited. Due to this senario, the parents that were working had to make up for the ones that couldnt or wouldnt. The cooking of the bacon and the equipment was a fire hazard. and the kids ran free without much supervision due to the massive non-experienced parents trying to figure things out. The troops were about 100 kids. Maybe 30-40 went to the camp outs. I prefer the small troop like when I was tenderfoot.

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Originally posted by ddaigle:<br /> Think about this, I teach Junior High spec. ed. down here on the Mexico border. I have 6 classes of 12 -15 ADHD, emotionally disturbed gangmembers EVERY DAY! Some days I'm glad to get out with my life. Now you know why I fish so much. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!
You win!<br /><br />These kids are just normal 8 year old boys. Dont freakin think before they do anyting. Run around like maniacs. Two of them collided last night resulting in one slamming his head on the cement. He'll live.<br /><br />I just dont have the patience for these kids. I am a "reluctant" leader. No one else would do it, so I bellied up. Really we need to split them up, but there are no other leaders.<br /><br />It doesnt help that half the kids show up late, somtimes 30 minutes late. I wanted to ask, why bother to come.<br /><br />I feel that some of them are there for the snack and games. I keep telling them, "this isnt the silliy kids club, this is the scouts". I really think most are too young, including my own.<br /><br />Ken

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

KIZ<br />The biggest message, and most difficult for parents to understand, that I had to get across when I was a Den Leader was that<br />BSA<br />does NOT stand for..<br />.<br />.<br />.<br />Baby<br />Sitters<br />Anonymous<br /><br /><br />I wish you luck.<br /><br />AK Chappy

Barlow

Lieutenant Commander

hmmmm .. sounds familiar AK.. <br /><br />got biatched at by a parent before practice one night cause one of my players was chasing another around with a yard stick screamin and yellin' while younger kids practice was goin'...<br /><br />came up to me screamin' and wavin' her finger in my face .. <br /><br />needless to say she will think twice before ever doing that again .. <br /><br />I layed into her huge!!<br /><br />Told her I wasn't their babysitter and that she should get that finger outa my face before I ripped it off and stuck it somewhere...<br /><br /><<silence>>.. she walked back to the bleachers and sat down like a good little girl.<br /><br />this is where these kids are getting it from ..<br /><br />THE DAMN PARENTS!!!<br /><br />sad to say she was a board member of our youth club here and I no longer give my time.<br /><br />actually had a bunch of parents and kids call to ask if I'd come back and coach ... laughed politely and said nope.. had enough of that crap find some other puppet moron.<br /><br />obviously didn't say that to the kids.. ;)

cbnoodles

Chief Petty Officer

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!<br /><br />There, I feel better now. Hope you do too Ken! :D

kenimpzoom

Rear Admiral

Actually most parents stay, but they dont help much. To busy socializing with each other.<br /><br />There is one kid that I pick up every time, only met the brother cause he is the only one that speaks english. When I asked the kids if they had ever been scared he replied that when his dad came home after busting out of jail after being arrested for beating up momma. He is the best kid, and smart too. Sad.<br /><br />Ken

AK_Chappy

Lieutenant

Ken,<br />They are the ones we do it for also.<br />We need to set the good example of what a man is.<br />Maybe one day you will run into them at a later date and they will let you know the impression you made on them.<br /><br />AK Chappy