Votes: 2 50.0%
  • Freeride/Wave

Votes: 1 25.0%
  • Plasma

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

murphsox

Cadet
Here is a picture, which tower would you guys like to see on my boat. I like them all but i would also value others opinions as well. Thanks guys!

RINKER2.jpg

BTW i love the site! very helpful!

Augoose

Lieutenant Junior Grade
Re: Which tower for my boat? Pic inc.

How about pics of the towers?

96 looks w/out a single vote- need pics

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I can't find a link for the plasma?

I personally like a rear swooping tower, and like towers that have a bar on the side making a kind of V that the top attaches to. Thus, I picked out the Aerial Assault. The side bars are also perfect for bumper placement for rafting up. That being said, since I trailer, the side bars sometimes make it hard to reach in the boat when loading it. They also add width.

Does your boat have a large sunpad in the rear, or seats to both sides of the motor box. I ask because if you get in an out of your boat via a sunpad, then a rear swooping tower will put a bar or bars right where you get in and out. The plus is this gives you something to grab, the negative is it gives you something to knock your head on. My boat is 19 foot. This might really be harder if I had one smaller.

The last thing I wish I had considered is the width of the tower on the boat. Mine is really wide with the forks on. Too wide to get into the lift at the house I rent. Thus, I had to adapt some rotating blocks (modified the DIY wake ones) so I can rotate the racks. Thus, consider whether the tower your getting has the ability to add rotating racks to it.

Hope this helps.

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I wouldn't go with the ascent. My assault will make some noises in ruff water and I bet that one will too! From what I have heard, the Airborne with the double top tubes is quieter.

If you like the look of the ascent, go with a monster tower. I was towed by one today. Definately quieter.

Look at the picture of the freeride one you posted. Turn that sucker around and you would see how that bar could be right where you stand up to get to the back of the boat. Also, look at that Airborne pic, see what I mean about how wide. That is why you want the ability to rotate the racks. In order to raft up today, I used my rotating blocks. Definatley a nice feature.

I will go look at the plasma.

murphsox

Cadet

Ok i tend to be in rougher waters often, price to pay for boating on the great lakes. Where i launch there is alot of boat traffic, plus freighters every 30 mins. There are days however where the river is glass! I like the looks of the freeride the best but i have also heard good and bad things about it, like it is heavy and only supported from one general area so it causes stress cracks in the gel coat. Thank you for all your help Sickwilly!

dvtran

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Go with the MOnster MTK. It looks sweet on my bayliner

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I have an Aerial and like it a lot. I generally boat in very calm water. Any wind kicks up and it starts making a little noise. I think if I boated in your conditions I would strognly consider a Monster tower. The one I have been in a boat with was their bottom of the line and it was totally quiet.

dvtran

Petty Officer 3rd Class

boatwithtower.jpg

no rattles or noises whatsoever.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

If cost is not a concern, get a Samson tower. They definitely cost more, but are one of the best (if not the best) towers available.

If cost is a concern, my vote would be for the Aerial Airborne. I've got one, and while I'm not overly thrilled with it, it does the job, looks good and is affordable. I don't have any issues with noise either.

skydiveD30571

Lieutenant Junior Grade

I just put an Airborne on mine this spring. It's nothing but solid and has never made a single noise whether pulling a boarder or in choppy water. Ill try to get some pics tonight on the water.

murphsox

Cadet

DVtran that tower looks sweet on your boat what is the length of your boat?

Rellik546

Petty Officer 1st Class

do yourself a favor and check out this company called joystick. its at joystickpylons.com i bought one for my boat and it doesnt make any noise.. its all cnc millled here in the USA. all the joints are custom cnc, no crappy heim joints or tie rod looking joints. the best part is they are pretty cheap i got my off season for like 880 powder coated blue and delivered. there website kind of blows, but if you email them they can send you more pictures of their tower on similar boats. I got the Pro series one, seriously doesnt rattle at all not even in rough water or hitting wake.

i have since moved the rear mounts about 14" closer toward the front, it raised my tower height about 8". where the upper part of the bend in the back and the front bar run parallel about 1" apart.

IMG_1371.jpg

sickwilly

Lieutenant Junior Grade

OK Murph, I am willing to take a stand finally!

given the graphic on the side of your boat, I now VOTE for a tower that swoops forward. So I vote for the freeride, plasma, or the monster forward leaning tower that Dvtran has.

dvtran

Petty Officer 3rd Class

My Bayliner is an 18.5. I wish I would have went with the fuel injected 4.3 instead of the carburated version. this weekend the weather will finally give me a chance to test out the new tower.

brick75

Petty Officer 1st Class

OK Murph, I am willing to take a stand finally!

given the graphic on the side of your boat, I now VOTE for a tower that swoops forward. So I vote for the freeride, plasma, or the monster forward leaning tower that Dvtran has.

Great point on the graphic, I didn't notice that before. I tend to think those forward facing towers look best on the newer high-end wake boats, but I'm sure it would look fine here too. dvtran's looks pretty cool.

250Gimp

Petty Officer 2nd Class

The forward tower definitely goes wih the graphics!

If you like the style i think it fits the boat!

Cheers