Which Strobe Timming Light

Taz59

Petty Officer 1st Class
Can you recommend me a good Strobe Timming Light,I want a good all round one

Cheers

bruceb58

Supreme Mariner
Re: Which Strobe Timming Light

Whichever one you buy, get and advance model. It basically has a dial on the back that you turn to align the timing mark on the harmonic balancer to the 0? TDC on the tab. You read what the advance is on the dial. Very useful for measuring total advance which can be in the 25? range.

Here is an example of one:
http://www.amazon.com/Actron-CP7528...WEHS/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1335301437&sr=8-7

There are models that also include a digital readout of RPM if you need that too.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

I have a Craftsman with advance. The price was right and warranted forever.

Alan_Scott

Seaman

I have a Craftsman with advance. The price was right and warranted forever.

Have you double checked on the warranty? I had a 1/2 craftsman drill that conked out and they wouldn't cover it telling me the lifetime warranty was only good on hand tools.

Fireman431

Rear Admiral

Have you double checked on the warranty? I had a 1/2 craftsman drill that conked out and they wouldn't cover it telling me the lifetime warranty was only good on hand tools.

No I haven't, but it wouldn't surprise me...

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

and you really need to look because some of the craftsman hand tools are no longer covered either :( Yup they have gone down hill......

fat fanny

Lieutenant Commander

I got lucky a few weeks back and picked up a matco digital timing advance wiith the digital tachometer built in fo $80.00 @ the pawn shop stitill in the case without a scratch on it and it work great! I love the tach feature it make tunning alot easier and is more accurate.