Which Rod &Reel

Cal195

Seaman Apprentice
I am going fishing on the Chesapeake for the first time ever and need to purchase a rod and reel. I do not want to spend big money but want something half decent any help here would b great. Thanks:confused:

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Re: Which Rod &Reel

What are you fishing for? There is everything from 2 oz perch to #400 bull sharks in the Bay

R Socey

Chief Petty Officer

It's not where your going fishing, it's what is your target species, and how do you intend on catching them? Your question is vague.

robert graham

Admiral

Walmart has some nice Medium Duty Spinning rods/reels combinations for $25 to $40...they come with about 15lb. test line and you can pull in most fish that you're likely to snag. Carry a lighter weight(Zebco 33) or similar to catch smaller/bait fish with. If you can catch a few of those little Pin Fish, they make great bait, cut up or live under a float! Have Fun!

QC

Supreme Mariner

Let's try this one again . . . :facepalm:

Matt12345

Cadet

Since you didn't say what you're going for its hard to answer you're question, but sports authority has the best cheap rods and reels in my experience.

QC

Supreme Mariner

This one's dead, Matt. It was a train wreck from day one. Let's let it die . . . :)