Which of these for a spare prop?

inthesticksnow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

cuzner

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Re: Which of these for a spare prop?

Unless you already have a hub to fit the prop your looking at, you will need one to use this prop.<br /><br /> Jim

Realgun

Commander

On the prop you looking at the housing is the blades of the prop and you need the Hub to mount to your engine. Normally a prop is a 1 piece deal the blades and hub are 1 unit.<br /><br />The thing about the two piece is if you mess up the prop you can put a new housing on very easily and cheaper too. Or buy a lower pitch for watersports and a higher pitch for top speed.

inthesticksnow

Petty Officer 3rd Class

Thank you cuzner, and Realgun . It’s sinking in now… so the hub and prop need to be matched, and differing props have differing hubs, and the hubs (if I search correctly) will fit my Alpha drive but the props must match the hubs. Feeew. I had no idea about this. I was logically trying to match prop to drive, thus my confusion over lack of knowledge and experience. <br /><br />So, if my good karma continues, (and it’s good with just a scraped skeg the second time out) I will probably wind up with a spare hub as well... I have no idea what hub I have or what will match to it, but because I am such a good boy, it will all become alright in the end. <smile>