Where to sell boat parts?

brewern

Cadet
I have decided to part out my 1980 Rinker run about, and I've sold some of the smaller engine pieces on eBay, but I'm having a hard time moving the larger pieces, like the outdrive for example. Is there a place on iboats to sell boat parts? Even though I have it listed on multiple Craigslists around KY, I'm not getting any bites.
Can I sell here? Or, does anyone have a better suggestion? Boat Trader is $49.00 for 2 pictures for 2 weeks, and that seems very high to me! Especially for boat parts....

TIA,
Brew

Last edited by a moderator:

Don S

Honorary Moderator Emeritus
Re: Where to sell boat parts?

Sorry, but no you can not sell or list items here on the forums per forum rules.

QC

Supreme Mariner

I thought (swear I seen it here) this policy was changing. What happened?
May have been a rumor, but I don't recall any discussion on this recently. Even what Don left is one we would consider deleting as transactions could take place directly by PM etc. We allow almost any conversation by PM, but we don't allow posts that ask someone to contact them by PM to buy or sell something. These are somewhat difficult posts for us to evaluate. The fact is one of many businesses here at iboats is classified ads. Seems self explanatory as to why we are asked to limit soliciting of any kind ;)

brewern

Cadet

Sort of depends on what you are offering. A 4.3, 5.0 and a 5.7 engine will sell quickly, others not so much. A word of caution about selling parts off the engine, most people want a complete engine.

The engine is a GM 2.5 120HP, which I used to learn all about engine repair.... and boy did I get an education! I should have just replaced that head gasket and put it all back together! Oh well, I've had fun.

Anyway, I guess I'll stick with eBay and Craigslist.
Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: