where to find old pistons

hitace

Petty Officer 1st Class
anyone know where to find a piston for a 1955 evinrude 7.5 hp i know its real easy to find pistons for the newer OMC's but i need one for a 1955 i also need one piston ring thanks.

Dhadley

Supreme Mariner
Re: where to find old pistons

Try Stan at Shoal Marine (941-639-3012). Gruff ol salt but a teaddy bear at heart. I can't believe how much old stuff he has. A lot blew away 3 years ago though.

hitace

Petty Officer 1st Class

yes i bought 2 sets of new rings for roughly 100 bucks :confused: i got the one piston back in the cylinder with new rings then when i went for the second piston i broke one of the rings :( i believe now the piston is just no good.it had stuck rings thats why it was locked up i know the cylinder is still good because when i took the old rings off and put it back in the flywheel turned good.stuck ol rings are no fun fun removing.so now i need one piston and one ring

hitace

Petty Officer 1st Class

i read a lot of the same parts were carried into the 90"s so is it possible maybe say a later 6 hp or a 9.9 would have the same piston size or were they different sizes every year/every hp.

a shot in the dark a piston wouldn't work off a 1982 15 hp Montgomery wards would it.