Where to find boat manual

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
I am looking for a manual for my 1977 Crestliner Crusader 550. I have done some searching but have yet to find much information on it far as details go. I did search the iboats boat thing and came up with very little information.

ondarvr

Supreme Mariner
There aren't manuals for boats like there is for cars, they are just generic safety info and other stuff, not anything specific to the boat.

JoshOnt

Chief Petty Officer
There aren't manuals for boats like there is for cars, they are just generic safety info and other stuff, not anything specific to the boat.
Damm was hoping for something oh well guess I will map it out myself then. Oh the hours of fun of tracking wires down ahead of me. :rolleyes:

Scott Danforth

Grumpy Vintage Moderator still playing with boats
Staff member
Contact crestliner. they may still have documentation. I know Cruisers did for my boat.

Silvertip

Supreme Mariner
The manuals that come with a typical boat covers very basic stuff like safety, life jacket use, basic navigation, and very little if anything about the drive system. Why? Because the manufacturer does not know what engine manufacturer, engine size, will power the boat. Yes, some manufacturers do package engines and boats but why duplicate information in a boat manual that is already covered in the engine manual supplied by the engine manufacturer. Accessories like radios, locators, GPS etc., are all outsourced so they too come with the manual from the accessory manufacturer. Instruments and switches are labeled and should be obvious what they mean. Details like wiring for the boat may be available from the manufacturer but wiring for the engine are included in the "service" manual for the engine, and not generally found in the "owners" manual.