Where to buy new tubes.

Bubba1235

No longer on Forums
I've looked on the internet (Google) for new tubes but can't seem to find anyone that sells them. Anyone have a suggestion?

Jeep Man

Commander
Re: Where to buy new tubes.

Hey Bubba,
I've been pricing around for the last year and have found a few places. Where are you located? I might be able to help.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

Why can't you go to the original manufacturer?

Different people use different spacing on the crossmembers so you would need to watch that, a new tube won't do you any good if the spacing isn't right.

Also we just did an inventory at work and some of the sheet prices are pretty astronomical, $204 for a single sheet of 126x78x.090 and a boat would use 4 sheets + all the iother parts that go into a tube and labor so you are probably looking at close to $1200 per tube depending on the size you need.

You will probably have to go through a dealer who could order them from whoever supplies there boats but again getting someone elses tubes to fit your boat could be a real problem.

Jeep Man

Commander

Ther's a company in Smiths Falls, Ontario and they have a dealer in Wisconsin. I visited them last fall and they will sell the toons by themselves. Google "U FAB BOATS".
There was another guy near Cleveland that had a supply of factory seconds, but I can't locate his address. Maybe someone else on the forum has a line on him.

5150abf

Vice Admiral

I believe we keep all our seconds tubes still, some guy comes and gets them once or twice a year but I have no idea where he takes them.

Try an anonomous call to Bennington and see if they will sell you a set of scrap tubes, I would rather not get into the middle of it.

All it takes to scrap a tube is a dent or scratch that can't be fixxed so some of them are almost perfect, worth a shot but no gaurantees, the number is 574-264-6336.

Rancherlee

Chief Petty Officer

You can contact the www.tandmmarine.com people, they make alot of there pontoon boats and they had a big sale on "scratch and dent" toons last year and are located in Northern Minnesota, I have a friend who bought 2 21' 23" diameter toons with minor dings in them for 300$ each there last year. "Greatlakesskipper" on Ebay also had a bunch of scratch n dent pontoons too and they are in southern Wisconsin.

2nd chance

Cadet

heres a place in warsaw In. phone # 574-265-5170 that has tubes starting @$ 750.00

OldePharte

Chief Petty Officer

I saw two on craigslist. Either Kansas City or Columbia/Jeff City pages. I believe it was $500 for two.

bailey40

Recruit

HEY BUBBA, TRY "FRANKIES MARINE" in grove oklahoma... I picked up a 16ftr there to add as a 3rd log on my boat and they keep all diameters and lengths...

boatmor

Seaman Apprentice

Let me know what you want and I'll see if I can get them for you. 417-818-9317 SW Missouri