Where to buy a carb float tool -OMC

LuckDay

Cadet
Where do I find the factory float tool for my 88' Johnson 110? I've been watching eBay and other sites with no luck and to keep pulling off my carbs to "guess" at a proper height is getting a bit much. Also, I don't have the factory manual just a Climbers and they are not as perfect as I would like.
Thanks,
Joe

cionjay

Seaman
I did not see one here at iboats. I would google this part number and see what comes up.
Evinrude Johnson OMC 0324891

flyingscott

Fleet Admiral
You really don't need it. Flip the carb upside down and set the float so it is level with the carb body. I will usually set mine just a hair past level but level works have done a lot of carbs that way with no problem.

oldboat1

Fleet Admiral
^^^my experience too (go for level in my case). thinking I've seen them in some carb kits, so maybe do some looking there.

cionjay

Seaman
I think I had the same problem as you when I first rebuilt some carbs like the ones that you have. the float bowl has 4 jets in them. If you have an exploded diagram of your carb, look at it very careful. I only cleaned the two jets on the sides and never cleaned the two inside the bowl that screw in vertical. I could not see them because varnish was covering them. I broke them down about 5 times before I figured that one out.