Where do you get your boat news?

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
I am looking to find more sources for boat news that others think are good. I have found a bunch of sites but most of them seem to be mainly small and not updated much. What sites do you use to get your boating news?

I mainly watched different YouTube channels before but seems most of them are dead now so I am looking to start a discussion on what sites (and by extention YouTube channels if one is really good) are good for boating news.

PS: Mods if this isn't acceptable here please just delete and send me a PM with which rule I broke - I read them but didn't deam it to be break rule 6

alldodge

Staff member
OSO has two guys which post new things happening in the boating industry as they come out. Mostly from speed on the water but also some regular stuff

I get my info from the Otter News Network (ONN). It's fair and balanced. None of that fake boat news junk!

dingbat

Supreme Mariner
Nothing says paid (biased) advertising like a YouTube channel video......lol

I get most of my boating news and information from local suppliers and fellow boaters.

No shortage of people who are not afraid or to shy to share their experiences with fellow boaters.

This of course assumes your are an active participant in the local boating community.

SkaterRace

Senior Chief Petty Officer
Nothing says paid (biased) advertising like a YouTube channel video......lol

I get most of my boating news and information from local suppliers and fellow boaters.

No shortage of people who are not afraid or to shy to share their experiences with fellow boaters.

This of course assumes your are an active participant in the local boating community.
Not exactly what I am looking for but yes everyone should try to be active in their local boating community.

Stinnett21

Chief Petty Officer
Check out Trade Only Today and subscribe to their newletter/emails

72fj40

Petty Officer 2nd Class
Regionally, for the Ohio River, we watch The Ohio River Boat Party on facebook. Its is constantly updated and is very current on a activites happening around the area and on river conditions. It's a very active forum and NOAA chimes in with current conditions and forcasts. We also watch NOAA's Advanced Hydrologic Prediction Service to see current river levels and forecasts for each pool.

Last edited: