Where can I get a replacement bow (walk-through) windshild??

ajgraz

Lieutenant Commander
Re: Where can I get a replacement bow (walk-through) windshild??

Did you call on the ad? Maybe the glass/acrylic (or whatever) is gone, but he's still got the frame pieces? Looks like whatever was there is flat, so it should not be impossible to get something fabbed regardless.

Thalasso

Commander

I'm looking at this 1999 Sea Ray 190

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/1999-Sea-Ray-190-Signature-101744636

A you can see, it is missing the windshield that folds back so you can get to the bow. I have checked with a dealer, checked craigslist/ebay and called around to some customer glass places with no luck. Any suggestions?

Call Taylor Made. They are a big provider of window frames for SeaRay and FourWinns.Even if you can just get the frame and rubber trim, a glass shop can cut glass for you.

normtp1

Cadet

Ok, taylor made couldn't help, but they gave me the number of a guy who can, and I have already spoken with him, so that is covered...another quick question...is 596 hours a HUGE amount for a 1999? I was seeing more in the 300 hour segment. The dealer said that the motor fires up well, and I can test drive it prior to purchase, but just a little concerned of the 596 hours, thoughts?

Ryanlewis2010

Petty Officer 1st Class

some one of the old wise men on here said that you should figure about 50 hours a season so the boat is 13 you should think anything under 650 hours on it should be fine

Thalasso

Commander

Ok, taylor made couldn't help, but they gave me the number of a guy who can, and I have already spoken with him, so that is covered...another quick question...is 596 hours a HUGE amount for a 1999? I was seeing more in the 300 hour segment. The dealer said that the motor fires up well, and I can test drive it prior to purchase, but just a little concerned of the 596 hours, thoughts?

No in fact depending what type of boating he did it's not alot of hours by any means.That engine has alot of hours left on it.

krrtlr1

Recruit

Norm,
What did you find out on this boat? Is it a lot to fix the windshield. I had seen the boat also and was wondering how good of a deal it was. Looks like it is pretty clean.