Where can I find an owners manual for a Evinrude 4hp Deluxe Outboard?

platothetoad

Cadet
I picked up a 1995 Evinrude 4hp Deluxe motor used off craigslist recently, and am looking for a copy of owner's manual. Does anyone know where to get one, either hard copy or pdf, that won't break the bank? I assume anything for a 4hp Evinrude/Johnson in the 1990-1995 range would work. Thanks in advance for any help.

platothetoad

Cadet
Re: Where can I find an owners manual for a Evinrude 4hp Deluxe Outboard?

Thanks for the link. I found the manual I'm looking for, but for $33 + shipping I might just figure out how it works on my own. That's over 1/4 of what I paid for the motor! If I get desperate at least I know where I can find it now.

Bob_VT

Moderator & Unofficial iBoats Historian
Staff member

The truth is .....nothing beats the OEM manuals. An OEM repair manual is worth every penny when it comes to repairs and the cost of the manual is less then 1 hour of repair labor ;)

limitout

Banned

if you keep looking you can often find download versions of manuals but I cant say for sure if there will be one for yours.

as mentioned the price is relative to what it costs you when you break something or have to let a shop fix something because you don't have that manual.

just be sure to buy the factory service manual and not the generic repair manuals they sell, those Clymer books often don't have everything you need to know for serious overhauls and in depth major repairs

the $33 isn't bad, the one for my evinrude 90hp cost me $70

Last edited: