where buy small jon boat

crab bait

Captain
anyone know of a natl' retailer that sell small alum flat bottom boats... ??<br /><br />really this is a challenge..!!

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class
Re: where buy small jon boat

Maybe they don't sell them because of the high number of drownings assosiated with them. I assume by small you mean 10' to 12'.

Stratosfied

Ensign

Our local Wallyworld has some though they are made of that heavy plastic stuff. Haven't really looked at them though.

JGREGORY

Lieutenant

Crab bait, believe it or not the local Tractor Supply Store sells Jon Boats. The one in Quakertown, PA sells I believe Lowe. <br /><br />Check their web site to see if there is a store near you. <br /><br /> http://www.tractorsupplyco.com/

crab bait

Captain

appreciate it.. quakertown ain't that far.. <br />yeah, i'm lookin' for a little cartopper..<br /><br /><br />i want to get back into pond fishin' .. somethin' i truley love.. but if'n it's gotta ramp/or acess forgetabout it.. it's torn-up or overfished.. <br /><br />there's quite a few little spots an ponds that have no access.. <br /><br />a little hike or hop a guard rail,, the place is mine for the takin'.. great bass ,pan ,pickerl... ya just havta get there..<br /><br />picked up the phone today to order a cabelas float/pontoon/river boat they got for a few hundred bucs..<br /><br />weighs 45 lbs.. seems good ..<br /><br />but be hard to store a transport ,maybe..<br /><br />but put the phone back..somethin' made me assertane a jon boat..<br /><br />now that i can't find one,,, well it's makin' me want one more.. <br /><br />o'well,,, decisions decisions..

Terry H

Lieutenant Commander

Make one or have one made to your specs...nothing technical about the design... :cool:

FLATHEAD

Captain

Hey Crab, check in at this site. I am sure you will reconize some of the fishin spots, and there is a lot places mentioned here, local to you that suit the kind of fishing you want to do, Also a great place to ask your question about a jon boat on a local forum. I gar un tee you will get some responce. I think going on a local page might help.<br /><br /> http://www.just4thought.com/fishingreports/index.php

roscoe

Supreme Mariner

Some Sam's Clubs have them too.

ehenry

Commander

Duracraft, War Eagle, Cajun Special....those are a few of the manufacturer's boats I'd look at if I were in the market. I'm also partial to all-welded aluminum boats too. Ya don't have to worry with tightening rivets all the time. Early model MonArk's are good ones too.<br /><br />www.duracraftboats.com<br /><br />www.wareagleboats.com

crab bait

Captain

that's great EF.. but if'n you can pick one of them boats up over a fence pr guardrail by yourself,, i buy you one ,too..

neumanns

Lieutenant Commander

I had a 10' with a 2.5 horse that I carried on my jeep. I am fairly fit and used it quite a bit but nonethless it was not somthing I wanted to launch much further than 100 foot from the truck. I liked the internal fuel tank, screw it shut and throw the motor in the jeep. Guess what I'm saying here is although the seem lite they get heavy in a hurry. I did have a lot of fun in it though, got rid of it cause it was unstable at 32" wide. Not for me so much but I didn't want my kids in, fraid I might swamp it. WEAR YOUR PFD, in a rig like that.

FLATHEAD

Captain

Crab I got a line on a 12 footer in Bensalem if your interested. <br /><br />Also can get em at a shop next to the sportsman ctr on rt 130 in NJ.

ehenry

Commander

Crabby, ya just gots to eat yer Wheaties in the mornin before ya leave ! !

Bigfun

Petty Officer 1st Class

Have ya gave a canoe a thought? If your concerned about stability they sell some types of pontoon outriggers. But if you go solo I don't think stability will be much of a problem. Light, easy to carry or drag, better suited for multiple people/uses and can be resold easily.<br /><br />Also I am seeing a lot more of those floaty things you almost ordered from cabelas on the river I frequent. Guys will pull up in a mini van pull 2 out and assemble them and off they go. Looked like they were very stabile.

mellowyellow

Vice Admiral

going to look at a 14', '58 feathercraft for MY<br />16yr. old son tonight.... he's asking $150 :D